Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gold Forums Moving ?

TheNissanMan

Without seeing the original thread, but reading about it in Gold, I'm left wondering why it was deleted?

Could someone explain it to me? What was the original discussion? Did it become so heated that it wasn't 'family-friendly', or was it more a case that the topic orientated around disgruntled members?

As some of us pay £25 to be a 'member' I think we should have a right to know what's going on with certain aspects of the club and discuss ideas openly.

Seeing as this topic disappeared without a trace, with no formal explanation or statement I can only come to the conclusion that it's TOC censorship at it's finest.

Of course, I could be completely wrong - but with no official statement on the matter and 'phantom moderating' occuring, everyone is bound to draw their own conclusions. ;)

God knows where that's gone then, it was just a general post finding out how people would feel about changing the server over, I didn't see any signs of it kicking off, maybe it was deleted by accident

Have to say that I agree with Caz on this one (awaits imminent ban :lol: :!Removed!: )

A

Gotta say I agree with Caz too...

from the part of it I read... there was a vaild debate / comments happening... I myself added what I thought to be two constructive comments..

only to have the post boxed, deleted gone under my nose...

it got deleted because of me......... i asked a forbiden queston which was answered with a firey reply.......

any one wants to know the so called "MSN brigade" can msn me........

Well seeing as no other moderators have said anything i thought i may as well step up.

I dont know who moved the thread & i dont know what was in the thread.

It goes without saying that there is something going on.... and im pretty sure i know what.

but until i have heard the full story from both sides im 'trying' not to say anything.

Whoever moderated the thread im sure will explain themselves in due course ;)

could be interesting to see if a proper response is posted or whether it will be a politcal one with no real content !

I would...but unfortunately im no longer Gold....but thats another story ;)

Obviously the main post has been in Gold and posts have been totting up slowly. Personally I believe TOC is what it is due to the large number of people that contribute to the site, not just those that pay for the services, as such I thought it may be an idea to add a brief summary in here so everyone knows what is going on and nothing appears to be going on behind closed doors so to speak...

The reason I am posting this here is due to the large number of people who post here, I am sure there are more than a couple which may be put off the idea of paying for a service which appears to be unstable or having 'problems', it's not having problems but below is a brief indication of what is going on.

Over the last couple of months a number of moderators have stated they will leave or have left due to the way they feel the club is being run from above, the moderators already have a hard enough job to do and I know some are not happy with the positions they have found themselves to be in, it's never nice being stuck between a rock and a hard place!

A number of members are also unhappy in the fact that although we have a large number of paid users to the site TOC could not even afford a token amount to purchase trophies for JAE where other clubs have had numerous prizes for members which have no standard fees. This was the first year TOC did NOT have trophies, yet now has the largest subscriber numbers!! There are major concerns as to what is happening with club funds and what they are being used for.

It is becoming apparent that we need some form of accountability from senior management as to where club funds are disappearing to and why numerous posts are now disappearing.

Would members who have an opinion please reply to this thread as at last check there were only 11 reposnses yet 216 views for this thread alone, it's your club so please air your feelings here, your views are always welcome :D

Hopefully with the posts both here and in Gold we may get the requested response although unfortunately at this point I feel this thread may also soon be retreating back into it's lamp....

Well put Ryan :thumbsup:

Pretty much sums up everyone from Golds opinions. We arent asking for much, just some honesty :)

The whole gold forums moving was just a trigger, and the outcome of this may affect the whole site, not just Gold members.......

I was just about to send my cheque for Gold away but I think I'll wait for now to see what happens with this! That wasn't a dig at Steve or anything btw! :thumbsup:

Well said Ryan!

No ones trying to cause issue or trouble on TOC, thats not the point of all this - we just want some honesty from a club we all love. No one wants to see TOC suffer anymore than it already is....

'Management' seem to have disappeared from the forums in the past few months.

Matthew Mcnally and Steve I believe are the only ones able to moderate the Gold forum as it is seen as an unmoderated forum so this worries me that posts are getting deleted.

I may be totally wrong and the 2 named are actually really busy living real lives so sorry for dropping names.

But I am worried about other peoples worries and the silence from above.

I am sure TOC will be bale to run on its membership alone so maybe some are taking this for granted.

Have to say that I thoroughly agree with Ryan.

It really struck me at JAE when other clubs had Chairmen and committees and we had, well, Ken*. It just seems a bit "Animal Farm" tbh...

Us plebs pay up to be members, spend the time and effort making the contributions of help to others - all of which help bring in more members.

A

*and that really isn't meant as a disrespect to Ken. The opposite in fact!

Well thats it, this whole thing is doing my nut. Adios Amigos! ;)

sxoc £15 decent member section, decent discounts, get money off rr days etc for being a member, oil analyisis services, free track days (care of apex), large commitee to organise evertything to take stress off one member. plus loads more

toc= £25, discounts to places that are expensive so discount = normal price. and a gold forum which im sorry bored me,

can we please not drag this into what is on offer on toc as this is not what the discussion is about....

Yeah i payed what ... £17 for my silver membership and for what.......... a small Silver Badge under my name .Where does the money go, How muc does it cost to run the site ? I kinda regret it now thats almost a half tank of petrol , the silver membership is a bit pointless tbh . I was tempted to up-grade to gold but is it worth while......

Membership at any level is a good idea as you support the site and keep it up and running :)

But we dont like the idea of the money not being reinvested into the site for things such as server costs, upgrades, stickers etc etc and it being used for other things which do not benefit the club or the members.....

This is also to bump so hopefully Steve sees it before it gets buried in other posts :rolleyes: :)

I think the main topics have been mentioned, rather than repeat ourselves using different words shall we wait with baited breath and see what the Management have to say...

I think the main topics have been mentioned, rather than repeat ourselves using different words shall we wait with baited breath and see what the Management have to say...

I reckon that it there will be several more pages before that happens :ph34r::2guns:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links