Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stranded

JustJJ

I went on a NW meet last night with the MR2OC guys, was only the 'usual crowd'.. ended up being 4 MR2s and an RX7. Had a lovely drive over to Eyam (a village that had been affected by the plague all those centuries ago) to a lovely pub there for a drink and some food.

DSC01838.jpg

DSC01399.jpg

We decided to head back home via Tesco to try and get some nice photos under the lights of garage forecourt and carpark... A nicely spirited drive later over the country roads with my mate Ben and we arrive at Tesco, Skye had been fantastic, handling really well...

Pulled up next to another MR2 there as the RX7 headed off to the petrol station for fuel... then we pulled around to follow it... parked up under the lights there, both myself and Ben got out of the car... left her idling for a few mins and after stepping about a meter or so away.. she turned herself off.. (much like if on a turbo timer)... Skye isnt a turbo... we both looked at her rather confused and I stried starting her again...

Engine turned over.. but didnt kick in.

The engine management light wasnt showing (which it usually does when the Clifford is disarmed) however the Clifford appeared to be working fine, disarmed alarm and immob no probs.

After a bit of deducting and fiddling with fuses, disconnecting the Battery etc... we found she had blown her EFI (?) 15A fuse... Aha!.. found another fuse... popped it in, tried to start her up... same problem.

She had blown another.

This time we ran through the procedure slowly... and it seemed as soon as the button on Clifford was pressed, it blew. Which one of the guys (Mike) mentioned was probably when the fuel pump was started up.

Anyways, Tesco had rung RAC for us on their policy (nice of em) but they took ages to find the place (meanwhile I had called my breakdown peeps.. tho RAC finally turned up first and so I cancelled em). The guy from RAC jacked her up... had a look around.. popped in a 30A fuse... which Skye promptly popped as well, tho with bit more of a show (engine management light flickered on, and I can only presume the effect was a visual 'pop' from the fuse box).

So alas, being at Whaley Bridge, many miles from Warrington, and RAC would only trailor me 10 miles max without then me having to pay...

Skye was trailored up and taken to Ben's house where she is currently residing... it was very sad seeing her go.. but her wheels look gorgeous when spinning :P (had never seen that before really) and she is still gorgeous...

So now Im stuck at home, no Skye... feeling a bit down tbh.. but so glad I had the guys there, they were all fab.. special thanks to Ben and Mike, Ben who now has Skye on his drive and is going to help me sort her out... and Mike who went well out of his way to take me home to Warrington at 2:30 in the morning.

DSC01845.jpg

DSC01844.jpg

DSC01846.jpg

DSC01407.jpg

DSC01411.jpg

Oh no JJ!!!! :o

Sorry to read that, hope you get Skye back in shape soon.

Thanks to the good old 'OC boys eh? ;) :P

sounds like you have a pretty nasty short. 30a fuses do take a fair bit of current to blow. check all wiring connections, particularly the ones where the alarm was spliced in.

also check where wires passs through panels looking for cuts etc.

if i thnk of anything else ill let you know

Thanks Dawsey, she is at my mates house over 40miles away at the moment... but will pass on the info

Ben is getting his mate John to look her over..

sorry to hear that jj :(

hope you get her sorted soon.

Hated hearing this, I know how much you love that car, hopefully she'll be sorted sooner rather than later, keep your head up

D'oh!!!!

Sorry to hear this!!!!!!

Let me guess... the break down man was useless?????

Hope it gets sorted!!!!

ohhhhhh not good hun, hope she is back in the land of the living soon. :thumbsup:

Give me a call anytime. :yes:

:o :( Really sorry to hear that JJ! :(

Hope shes all sorted asap for you :yes: If shes not back and you need a lift to Mascrat on Monday, lemme know :thumbsup:

Awwwwwww JJ without Skye???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!! :eek:

Hope she gets well very quickly :doctor: I'm sure the guys is doing their best.

:group-cuddles:

serves you right!!!! for not coming and saying hello to me lol. i grew up in stoney middleton........ my house over looked eyam

oh photo at the traffic lights is at peakforest i believe ;)

hope she's ok :P

Thanks guys...

RAC bloke was a real decent fellow tbh.. tho he said she didnt have an O2 sensor or something (as we thought that mighta been a problem).. I dunno much about these things..

but he trailored her up gently.. wasnt much he could do really it seemed

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! :(

Gutted for you hun! Still remember how excited you were when you got her too....

Fingers crossed shes back on the road soon x

Aww JJ that sucks - hope you get it fixed soon

just slighty of topic - i like the jumper you have on in that pic , where did ya get it? :D

Thanks peeps... (I've been saying thanks loads) love being with clubs.. peeps are being very supportive and helpful :)

Teegs... its a top I have from New Look.. reasonably old now.. lol I'll wear it to a meet sometime :P

B)-->

QUOTE(Gareth B @ Aug 10 2006, 06:48 PM)

Sorry to hear this JJ. I'm sure you will be up and running again very soon.

Tegan, typical :rolleyes:

Im sorry i notice these things :P

Awww shucks :( ..... i think i know how you feelin JJ and i hope it doesnt last long.

When mine was goin wrong a lot I kept thinking about the moments id get her back and ...it did help a little...

hope your back rolling very very soon and... glad you had company and help when it happened :thumbsup:

regards

jinxed :)

wow that blows :( hope you get it all sorted soon :thumbsup:

Wish I'd have know you were out - I was on a random drive last night, and ended up near Buxton before I turned around, we were prob only a few miles apart!

Sorry about the mota :( Hope its an easy & cheap one...

Thats gutting to hear, hope it all gets sorted.

Not liking the fact he put a bigger fuse in then there should have been, if it didnt blow something else could have along the way, they are meant to be the weak points

apparently there is a 40A inline somewhere.... so hopefully wont have done too much

*hopes....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links