Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

D.i.s.c.o

Demonic Angel

Need help please peeps!

My Pa is selling his Land Rover Discovery... its a 95 (M) reg 2.5 diesel... gonna make a sign and stick it in the window, but need to know how much to put it up for....

Went onto Parkers to find a valuation for it - but gutted, they only do 97 onwards! You have to pay for the older regs

Is there anywhere else I can get a free valuation online for his Land Rover? Ok so its only £3 but why pay £3 when you can get it free if you have a looksie :D

Cheers me dears!

The 1st thing I do when I want to know the value of a car is go on the Auto Trader & see what similar cars are going for, I'd suggest you do that :thumbsup:

TBH Em and I know your father won't like me saying it so it didn't come from me, nudge, nudge, wink, wink...

When valuing Freelanders best bet is to guess what you think it's worth and then halve it, unfortunately the sound you hear when you turn the ignition on isn't an engine, it's depreciation :(

The 1st thing I do when I want to know the value of a car is go on the Auto Trader & see what similar cars are going for, I'd suggest you do that :thumbsup:

Cheers Kev - was going to do that (just now actually! lol) but wanted an 'official' valuation as well just incase they were selling them for £500 when they're actually worth £1,000...

how long is a peice of string?

Cheers Chris for your most excellent response, as always! ;)

TBH Em and I know your father won't like me saying it so it didn't come from me, nudge, nudge, wink, wink...

When valuing Freelanders best bet is to guess what you think it's worth and then halve it, unfortunately the sound you hear when you turn the ignition on isn't an engine, it's depreciation :(

I have explained this to Dad, to be honest he wants to sell it as quickly as possible - hopefully it wont depreciate any more in a week.... or will it? :lol:

Its not an awful car, I mean its the top spec Disco and back in its day, was the Chelsea Tractor of choice for the discerning mother-of-one.... sadly it just sits on the drive 360 days of the year, and Dads insured on the Yaris now, which he prefers 100-fold!

I'll have a look on the AT - cheers guys!

how long is a peice of string?

Cheers Chris for your most excellent response, as always! ;)

ask a daft question get a great answer.... :P

Somewhere between £2500 & £3500 depending on condition, mileage etc seems to be the going rate from what I can see Em :thumbsup:

There are loads of them on autotrader and elsewhere at the moment. His would have to stand out or be going "cheap" or "fair" I would guess to attract attention. Just a thought :thumbsup:

Even less than that apparently Gareth!

Dad was hoping for 3k at least but looks more like 2.5k max! I think he's going to try putting it up for 3 and see if there are any takers and if not, lower the price....

He's a bit gutted though at the mo! :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links