Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

She Lives Again!

JustJJ

After having to catch a train.. then a bus (*shudders at public transport).. to meet Mike in stockport where he very kindly took me to Cat n Fiddle...

Met up with everyone else.. and I took loads of photos of the runs we went on.. (Mike's camera)..

Went back to Ben's in Lola (mmmmm Turbo.. she yummy lol) and rang my mate Dave to pick me up.. as I just couldnt face public transport again lol :P

Also so he oculd come over and help to see if we couldnt get her going again... (JJ was desparately hoping it wasnt fuel pump)

After a lot of tinkering in the pouring rain... Ben expertly holding the umbrella... JJ looking on uselessly and Dave getting stuck into Skye (ooerr :P) we found the problem...

The Lambda sensor connector had come loose and fried itself on the exhaust (see piccy)

So.. snip snip.. and out it came, and then we fired up up.. and vroom she went! runs a bit ruch and a little dog-like atm... but she runs! and she is home again!

It lives!

Big thanks to Dave for sorting it (and who will be wiring some spade connectors in next weekend).. to Mike for taking me to Cat n Fiddle!...and to Ben.. for a top Brew, squares and umbrella holding :)

Connector:

CIMG1324.jpg

knew it would be a little pain in the bottom minor issue... congrats.. :)

Just wish it had been done earlier.. then coulda done cat n fiddle.. oh well :P

Thanks to Dale too who got a random phone call from JJ asking where the lambda sensor was;) . Why does everything on these cars have to be virtually impossible to see and even more difficult to actually get at? I thought working in a Mini's engine bay was tricky, but its nothing compared a '2.

Got soaked to the skin and repairing the butchery I had to do to the wiring could be interesting as there's no space whatsoever, least it runs agin now though :)

Yayyy - welcome back to the land of the living Skye!

Its amazing how something so small can cause so much trouble! Glad its all sorted - hugs to Skye!

glad its all looking on the up n up JJ :thumbsup: im glad it wasnt something major :yes: also glad you 2 can get rocking along again :)

Thanks to Dale too who got a random phone call from JJ asking where the lambda sensor was;) .

You're welcome, and im glad shes sorted. MR2's are a PITA, especially on the electrical side of things, looks like you were lucky and could litrally see the problem :thumbsup:

oh yeah and reset the error codes once it's fully sorted... you dont want to have a mini heart attack when you check the codes in the future and the old ones are still stored there :P

Couldn't quite see it at first ;) I peered down the back of the engine and could see a bit of the exhaust though, so I stuck my arm down there and fumbled about until I found a bit of the wiring loom close to the exhaust... Followed that one way and found the lambda sensor and then followed it the other way and found a connector suspiciously stuck to the exhaust.

Once I'd pulled it free there was enough slack on the wire to be able to see it, which was nice :)

Would have been virtually impossible to find if I hadn't been pretty sure that's what the problem was (its a common fault apparently!) and significantly easier if we'd rung you up straight away rather than hunting around in completely the wrong place for the sensor for ages :P

Im just happy happy :D

Matt see you at mine at about 6:30ish... might even do the tunnels if you coming with me... depends on when you get here :thumbsup:

hooray , thought you said the RAC guy ruled out the lambda sensor?

glad shes all ok and back on the road

Yeah RAC dude didnt really know where to look... (neither did we until Dale pointed us in right direction)...

So I'm happy... be happier when its all hooked back together at the weekend, but until then she runs... albeit a little rough..

oddly enough no engine management light has come on.... lol :P

Yay! :D

Horrible little things those sensors, we were off the road for 2wks because of ours :(

hooray , thought you said the RAC guy ruled out the lambda sensor?

glad shes all ok and back on the road

RAC guy said it didn't even have a lambda sensor. He was probably looking in the wrong place same as us :P Never heard of a car with a cat and no lambda sensor before though...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links