Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Service Plan.

kenl

When I picked up the car the dealer gave me an offer of a 0% service plan which covers the first 3 services. Cost is £355.

Looking are the service booklet, this seems VERY expensive to me as service 1 & 3 are basically simple oil changes with the one at 20k miles not requiring much more. I'm not sure if this includes a brake fluid change required every 2 years.

So, has anyone else been offered such a plan? If yes, what price were you quoted?

Well I guess it's a bit cheaper than paying for the 3 services individually. The intermittents are about £120 and the full around £180 so the 3 year cost would be £420.

I took the service plan for two years (will be part-exing for upgrade after that), worked out at a total of just over £250. Seemed a bargain at the time.

When I bought my car there was a deal on and part of it was I got three year's worth of servicing or 30,000 miles whichever came first. Think it was about £330 worth for me. Mine didn't include MOT because in Northern Ireland it's only if your new car is 4 years old before you take it to it's first MOT.

Thanks for the replies.

I don't think I will go for this. They are basically giving me the services at full price with no discount. I'd rather have the money in my bank account and also have the ability to shop around.

I am NOT paying £120 for a simple oil change and a check of a few things on the car - total rip-off.

I'm sure other dealers will be less, or I can go independent without any risk to the warranty these days.

• 1 year later...
...I'm sure other dealers will be less, or I can go independent without any risk to the warranty these days.

Very surprised to discover that EU law that came into effect in 2001 states that a manufacturers' warranty will not be affected is the car is serviced at a non-franchised dealer (service station must be VAT registered, services carried out at the specified intervals, and using non-toyota parts may be grounds to refuse warranty).

You can buy the parts from toyota and find a service station that charges less than £90/hr

I got my service pack thrown in for free with my deal but as far as I was aware it was worth £300 - thats what they told me anyway... :thumbsup:

i got it free to with my first aygo but they offered me something like £16 a month this time instead of paying all in one go which i think could be sensible ..but i am not sensible so didnt do it...coming up to first service very soon so erm did anyone cancel christmas?

When I picked up the car the dealer gave me an offer of a 0% service plan which covers the first 3 services. Cost is £355.

Looking are the service booklet, this seems VERY expensive to me as service 1 & 3 are basically simple oil changes with the one at 20k miles not requiring much more. I'm not sure if this includes a brake fluid change required every 2 years.

So, has anyone else been offered such a plan? If yes, what price were you quoted?

I got the same plan on my Aygo Sport in Mallorca. Had it's first service in June would only have cost the equivalent of £58 if I had to pay. About all that an oil change type service should cost. Car tax £11-50 per year Insurance inc. breakdown & cover for any driver over 28 with a 3 year licence is £215. Cheap motoring !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links