Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mk3 Hardtop Help

TheNissanMan

I've got a someone coming to look at a Mk3 I have sold tomorrow and not 100% sure on the hard top operation, is it as simple as a couple of clips on the front and pull back and off to remove or is there more to it ??

Would rather find out before I pick up the car...

Can someone post how to remove, put back on a hard top for a Mk3 ???

Probably too late now, but.....

Not too sure about how to connect the rear window heating element myself.

But to remove the roof you need to undo the two catches above the door and the two caches near the seat belt holder.

Following this with someone else just slide the roof back slightly and put it in its cover.

To put the roof on, again use two people. locate the roof in position and slide forward to locate the the two hooks at the back in the eyes. following this locate the front two catches on the locators but don't close them until both are located. When you have located both then close the catches at the front, this will pull the roof into location. Finally close the catches near to the seat belt holders.

You can also in the summer unscrew the silver eyes and replace them with the bod coloured panels for a smoother bodywork finish (but i dont bother!) and put the leather covers over the rear catch locators.

to remove the hard top, simply undo the 4 clasps and the cable for the rear window heater. Roll down the windows then the hard top can be carefully lifted off (Best done with 2 people)

you would then normally want to connect the cable for the soft top which is done by going into the rear storage bins and inside the cubby at the offisde - you will be able to swap the 2 connectors around.

simple as that.

Never seen this till now, I have had visitors all day today... so, sorry if i'm too late Ryan.

If you asked me this on the phone i would have given you the site addy i got this from.

Thanks matey...

I've been running around like a headless chicken, was surprised how easy it was to remove as the test drive of course had to be done top down as it should be so took a full 2 secs to remove the roof :D

The car itself is stunning, was surprised when it came with A/C as it wasn't listed and also even better was the car had new alloys fitted by Mr T before we picked it up this morning :D

Now just hope the MOT centre can fit us in this afternoon and the valeteurs have time to shine it up even more than it is already :D

Shouldnt this have gone in the mk3 bit? :rolleyes: hehehehe *snigger ;)

What??.. you mean put it into the REAL MR2 section :lol:

Ryan.. do i get commission ;)

While your reading this JJ.. whats the chances of a new signature please ;) ( i know.. i'm a cheeky sod)

Hi there ,,the hardtop is a doddle but you do need two people,,mines still in storage but its days are numbered before me mate comes round and puts it back on....Lol.....P.P.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links