Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Opinions Please

gordypix

Just messing and snapped a couple of ideas off the comp screen.

Need some new plates anyway........

post-37-1060181446.jpg

Are you planning to drive with these on? My mate got a £60 fine the other day...and his were only slightly not legal :unsure:

Yeah GOOD POINT Ryan, but try doing that when mucking around

on the fancyplates website.

They would put it on I expect.

Anyway - colours, logos, lettering, shadow - GOOD, BAD???

Are you planning to drive with these on? My mate got a £60 fine the other day...and his were only slightly not legal :unsure:

I'm glad you bought that 'legal' point up SG.

Where is the border line..............

I have them on Gordy but in legal font, no shadows and have been stopped a couple of times with them on and they have not mentioned once my number plate.

The toyota bit is illegal and so is the lettering on the bottom so they could have done me on that but my thinking is they would have to nick half of scarborough if they was going to do me on that one so thats why i went for the legal font to try and not draw to much attension to the plate.

So there is only ONE LEGAL style of lettering then - UK STANDARD.

So putting car dealers putting their names on plates is OK but GTI or Toyotaownersclub.com is NOT.

Strewth, what a choice I have then.............NOT

its the law you have to have the place where the plates where made on them....

What about the font. I assume they have done numerous investigations into the CLEAREST possible font for Identification purposes.

So what's the biggie with the Toyota logo on the left? The euro logo is similar in size and colour on many plates.....

So there is only ONE LEGAL style of lettering then - UK STANDARD.

So putting car dealers putting their names on plates is OK but GTI or Toyotaownersclub.com is NOT.

Strewth, what a choice I have then.............NOT

I think the dealers can put there name on if they have their postcode on as well, the same goes for somewhere that makes plates they can have there name on as long as it has their postcode on.

You can have a nice EU/union jack/St georges cross emblem on the side but not a make like toyota.

But i ain't had a legal plate in years and have never been done so it's up to you gordy but i always keep the font legal.

Seems a little odd that you can't have a plate such as this.

The fonts are clear (minus the shadow) and the toyota logo looks good and is not that intrusive.

The law is the LAW though. Don't fancy a pull for something as minor a plate. Will have to re-think my plan.

Ho hum........

I think the govenment have gone a bit OTT over number plates - I agree the font of the number should be clear but what does it matter if you have a mickie mouse logo on the side !? or if under the number you have www.weirdo.com ?

Kaz

£60? i got fined twice for blantantly illegal plates, but only got hit £20 each time....

though along with the second booking came a letter from the DVLA saying one more conviction, and they takes my private plate off me and replace it with a nice shiny Q reg!!!!

so now the back is legal (just) and the front is the same, cos they only follow u from the back right...

i've been pulled over a few times, and as the rear plate is ok, they dont seem to say anything any more,.... just, "wear ur belt in future" or "put that mobile down" :blink:

me likes the top one better.... whats the site called? my front plate is all smashed up when a towbar from a tranny van reversed into it!!! stupid white van man!

The fonts are definately illegal. you are allowed to have a "slogan" written across the bottom of the plate, in the centre, as long as it fits into a gap a specific size, so the GTi bit is probably illegal. (on mine it says GT TWINCAM 16 across the centre)

the border im not too sure on - it's a different style to all the others ive seen, so its probably illegal too! (although you can have one, if its a specific style.) as far as im aware, you can have whatever you like in the space where a GB EU sign would normally go, so long as it doesn't encroach on the plate.

i got mine from gtgrafix. if you look, it's explained exactly what is and isnt legal (i still ended up getting an illegal font, i think it's called handel gothic - it's very similar to the legal one, but i prefer it)

The site I used is called www.fancyplates.com.

I should print off a copy, walk into the Police station and ask for a critique........... :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links