Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Powerband?

mkII H3RB

heyi just got my mr2 gti i was just wondering...

are they powerbanded??? because when i get to 30,000 revs it really starts to pull, is this a powerband? or am i just not used to the gear ratios yet? :help:

Yes i would have thought 3,000 rpm it's when the power band comes in. Like most car's :thumbsup:

And welcome to the club too :yes:

jerry!!

well me think mine needs looking at my mr2 dont start pulling till about 5,000 rpm

Sorry i should have said that mine is the turbo. So yes around 4,000 to 5,000 the engine should start picking up more.

jerry!!

yeah mine takes alot of revs i take it to 7,000 alot.. im looking at getting something quicker but due to other importants things i cant at the moment..

plus i love my mr2 to much to let go

you sure andy?... ;)

You've not got a turbo remember!

Seem to remember you posting on here why you couldnt keep up with my n/a round town. Turbo isnt everything when you have torque.

you have more than 280ft/lb torque? because that's what me mr2 had. :)

Anyhoo.... I'm sure it was not long after I had crashed, hence why I was taking it easy on the corners.

surely you cant say turbo is nothing when you got torque?

the whole point of installing a turbocharger is to increase the torque?

the overall gains in installing a turbo is gaining more torque?

the reason if someone cant keep up with you in town could be

1: the driver

2: the driver realises the ferocity of the car and is not willing to take the risk?

3: the risk of running someone over?

4: the old feds (which are barst@ds)

dont forget you need to be alot more responsible and respect the car more whenyou have that much more power, you dont just rag it round town like the n/a car you had before.

the power delivery is way way different

2: the driver realises the ferocity of the car and is not willing to take the risk?

dont forget you need to be alot more responsible and respect the car more whenyou have that much more power, you dont just rag it round town like the n/a car you had before.

All I know is that he got a bit smaller round the corners, I'm not about to start a war and I'm positive James will say otherwise (even tho I grew up with him) will confirm this but, round the Gala circuit, he couldnt catch me. Turbo lag v's being at the right revs at the right time on a short burst.....

All I know is that he got a bit smaller round the corners, I'm not about to start a war and I'm positive James will say otherwise (even tho I grew up with him) will confirm this but, round the Gala circuit, he couldnt catch me. Turbo lag v's being at the right revs at the right time on a short burst.....

then that is down to the driver, shifting down, going round a corner and keeping power on.

its very important to heel to toe or even just rev match to keep the car settled when down shifting

lol heel n toe it. i dont have room to fit in my car as it is!

im 6ft 6 and still growing:(

my knee wedges between the wheel and hand brake even with seat right back and wheel at full tilt lmao!

Lol.... well we didn't set off going "we're going to drive round town... try to keep up with me!"...

Also in the n/a on corners you can easily plant it and you've got little chance of spinning out. With a turbo it's a different story... too much happy pedal and turbo kicks in and wee... circles. So you have to be that little bit cautious.

Come bring your little 158bhp motor up here and we'll see who has trouble keeping up with who. :D

aye, plant the foot down too stoic and you could be in trouble. thats the difference. you really have to learn to respect it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links