Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

newbie!!!!!!

John Barlow

Alright peeps, How is everyone? I was looking for mods for the Corolla T-sport when I stumbled across your site!!!!! Must say your all pretty clued up. Anyway I actually work at the toyota Factory near Derby where this excellent car is made. I have a black model on order and can't wait to get it. I've driven plenty around the test track!!!!!! Including one which a Jap trainer re-mapped to 225bhp (this took him all of 5mins with a lap top!!!!!but put it back to standard after:mad:) I'm pretty sure somebody will offer this mod soon especially as it brings the power in at lower revs (about 4600rpm):D If anybodys interested the Jap version is called the runz (I think?) which has been out a while. It looks similar but somehow more brutal!!!!!! It has the same ZZE123 1.8 VVTL-I engine, you can see it by typing in Toyota zze123 on Google. It seems they have plenty of mods for there version but my Japanese isn't that good so I couldn't read the text!!!!! The pics are good though. Theres also a five door T-sport on the way for all those with passengers. I'm after a nice set of wheels if anybody knows any good (cheap) shops preferable in the Midlands. Speak to you all soon.

Hi John,

Welcome to the club mate

I visited the Burnaston site a month ago or so... I wrote to the Burnaston office trying to get the club a tour but have to write back in December....

Must say what an amazing factory! A real eye opener!

Hope you find some useful info on the club forums and I am sure our corrolla owners will be pleased to read your article!

Hi John,

Looks like black is becoming the most popular colour for the Corolla T Sport, I 've had mine for 3 months now and olny seen % other Corollas on the road 2 of which where Blk T's, I currently awaiting the front spoiler, sus strut, short shift gear kit, lowering springs and Twin sports exhaust, As you can see I've already changed the wheels went for 17x7 from Speedline, not the cheapest, but Toyota approved them so there will be no warrenty issue's later.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine. Every ride gives so much pleasure, I don't even mind being stuck in traffic in it, the seats are so comfortable.

Would the re-mapping void your warreny ??? :o

Alright peeps, re-mapping probably would void any warrenty but if it was a replacement chip or piggy back style chip then just take it out!!!!!! Jake, can you tell me where you got the prices for the TTE stuff you've ordered as my local Dealer is next to useless:mad: I've got the spoiler on order (£111.87, employee discount:cool:) and have pics of the other stuff but can't find any prices.Cheers. Also how much have you been quoted for spraying and fitting, again I think my local dealer is way off the mark quoting £100 to spray and £100 to fit!!!!!!!!! Needless to say I'll be looking at the factory to see how hard it is to fit. Must say the wheels look fine and will look even better when lowered. Speak to you all soon.

John

Hi guys,

unfortunatly, there are no power upgrades for zze123 engine yet, and it has been out for 2 years now...

I really really really wish Toyota would release some upgrade with lower lift activation, so we would NOT get out of the powerband with each shift... but to tell you the truth, you are the first person I have seen post something like this so far - other than that, there has been nothing coming out of toyota's mouth, and there are plenty of zze123 owners waiting for every bit of info...

If you could find out anything else, we would be more than grateful

John, dunno about pricing but fitting will require less than a few minutes ;-).

I will see once I get my car next week, I will be able to tell you approximate times... actually, I can look at my Toyota Accessories fit times, let me check...

Ok, Toyota estimated time for mounting an spoiler to your Corolla fmc 10-11/01 is 0.5h ;-)

Hi John

see the thread Toyota Performance > T-Sport > TTE part numbers provided by spwolf.

I have manged to find some Euro prices for the following:

AM26062 Quick shift kit: E169 = £111.64 +

AM28906 lowering spings: E335 = £221.85

AM28840 front spoiler: E272 = £180

AM26063 top strut bar: E235 = £155.62

AM26197 sports silencer: E525 =£346.81

all the above are plus vat.

I hoping to import the parts in Nov, as I'm told they won't be available in the uk until next spring. Except the spoiler which I have been quoted @ £163 plus paint and fit.

Hope the above helps, I understand that UK part numbers have yet to be issued.

I would be interested in any further info on the chips.

:)

10 mins max, basicly it is a straight swop for the origial jobie, 8 ish 10mm self taper bolts, and to be honest shop around for the spraying, im sure a body shop would do it for a few drinks! plus being a new car theres no worrys of colour not matching, thinking about it im sure u could fit it your self too, now think about it £180 quid saved! thats 180 quid to spend on goodies! (or send it to me!)

Alright peeps,

I think I know why the TTE stuff won't be available until next year. This is only a guess but I know there will be a 'face lift' for the Corolla early next year (thats a factory term for upgrade!) This will include uprated suspension and maybe larger alloy wheels, although looks wise will remain the same. Maybe this car will use the lowering springs from TTE. This upgrade is being carried out in response to a customer survey. If it happens though will they offer the upgrade to existing customers? I think not:(: Also heard that an even hotter version could well be on the way!!! (Along the lines of the Yaris T-sport Turbo due for release soon) Maybe this is where the ECU remapping might come into play!!! If I hear anything (or see for that matter) I'll let you know. As for the front spoiler I think I'll fit it myself. Am I the only one who thinks Two hundred pounds for springs is alittle steep!!! Apex do a set for half that price if anybody is interested. Speak to you all soon. John

John,

200 notes is high compared to some after market springs but it does mean that I keep my warrenty intact, so it could prove to be cheap in the long run, and be an andantage when I come to sell the car in 3 years time. So as usual the car manufactures have us the pay public by the danglely bits. But what the hell it's only money and you only live once. Maybe the will be prepared to offer the uprated ECU as a chargeable upgrade.

Can only keep my fingers crossed that by doing all the mods at the same time through the same dealer I'll get a bit of discount.

In the mean time I'm still a lot better off than most Focus ST170 drivers :D

Interesting info, are you talking about TS version only, or the whole corolla range? Since corolla came our year ago, a mmc would be too early for whole range... for TS it might make sense - to make a car look a bit wilder (larger wheels) and handle better (suspension) - problem is when ppl test TS on track vs Type R, Honda is obviously better... although in normal life, I would take corolla anytime... but of course, review wise, wilder is better so that would make sense...

BTW, one question for the brits - do you get alloy pedals? I just noticed that this might not be a standard fit on TS in all markets, and I forgot to order it for mine... I guess I might need to wait for it a little bit...

Hi all,

Spwolf, you are correct in saying that the alloy pedals are not factory fit. I saw a car at my local dealer with them fitted and thought that they actually look a little cheap!!! Don't think I will be bothering with them but thats just me. As far as I know the forthcoming suspension upgrades are only for the T-sport. I think the car looks completely different when lowered, somehow more purposefull. I'll consider the toyota springs depending on what sort of discount I can get and how much they want to fit them (although my brother is a technician for VW and he has all the equipment at work!!!) Jake, if you get the springs I'd be grateful if you could find out the correct chamber adjustment as I expect this will be very importent when setting the car up. Cheers. I've mentioned the TTE parts at work and hopefully they will be able to get them sent direct to the factory :cool: I'll have to wait and see. I bet the TTE wheels won't be cheap!!!!! especially for the 18s, but I bet they look nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for the info about pedals, I guess I will have to see them in action before getting them...

I think skirts + lowering will do wonders for the car, I am only concerned about the fact that here we park a lot on the sidewalks, so usability wise, I need a higher car... I am still waiting for my TS (coming by the end of the week!) so then I will be able to say does it need lowering or not, and will it be possible for me...

I can tell you the price for 18" in Europe, let me check in a few

Ok, so pricing for 17" TTE Chicane Wheels is 370 Euro per wheel. This is official pricing, so you can get a nice discount on them.

Chicane Wheels are the ones in TTE catalogue that have "screws" around the wheel, dont know how to explain them better...

You would need to fit 215/40 tires on them.

I dont have pricing for 18" Chicane yet, but your UK dealer might...

btw, thats way too expensive for me... for example lowering the car + front skirts will be like 500 Euro all together, which is totally acceptable ;-)

From Fin (awaiting his T Sport) I was giving the name Booster tuning, check out the web site for Corolla body kits as an alternative to TTE

www.boostertuning.com.

I like the rear light covers, great looking side skirts to, and the split twin exhaust. Have to work out import cost, ;)

As soon as I went on to boosters web site I saw they had a part for Yaris T-Sport I want the split exhaust one either side of the bumper. I have made contact with Booster and our local or not to local trader is

REVOLUTION ENGINEERING Ltd.

Smithstown Maynooth

Co. Kildare

Ireland

Tel: (353) 0876371111

Fax: (353) 016010018

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links