Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Invasive Or Non-invasive Engine...

Jesus

My cousin's cam belt has 'gone'. Not sure if it's snapped or slipped off at the minute.

He's got an H-Reg tubby. Unsure of year (91/92). Not sure if that's Rev1 or 2.

Either way, does anyone know if it's an invasive engine or not?

Thanks in advance.

:thumbsup:

alledgedly it is a non interferance engine but i know of a few that have bent valves. bestbet is get a new belt stick it on and cross your fingers. if it starts and runs ok then all should be well

Cheers guys.

I'd also read that if it lets go at high speed it can do damage... which is kind of weird. Would have thought if it's non-invasive, it's non-invasive... not dependant on the engine speed. Anyway, he's got it in the garage tonight and will find out tomorrow.

He's gutted as the belt was apparently changed by a garage about 6 months ago. He's had it about 1 month now. Could be a knackered tensioner if they didn't replace it after re-compressing it. Who knows...

Fingers crossed for him though.

:thumbsup:

is that the chap with the green tubby?

That's the chap... but it was a green N/A. That's gone now and he has a red tubby. A red broken tubby. :(

A red broken tubby. :(

I feel his pain :( Brings back memories of mine for me :crybaby: Hope he gets it sorted and back to good health with low cost minimum fuss imminent sortingisation :thumbsup:

you would be suprised at the clearance between valves and piston when static and also how much a rod streatches at 7500rpm also theres valve bounce to take into account

make sure he checs the idle pulleys, if they are rough or noisy then replace. unless the tensioner is leaking it will be ok

Well... the belt went when he was sitting at some traffic lights (so low revs) and it's bent most of the valves in the head... hmmm... I guess that would make it an invasive (interferance) engine then. :(

Ouch...

I could have sworn that all the info i have seen leans towards it being a non interface engine.

Hope it dont cost him too much to get it sorted.

well some seem to get away with it and some dont. sorry for your mate

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links