Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Isp Reccommendations

TRIGGER

:D Hi, ive just got rid of the worst isp in the world Plusnet, anyway i wanted to know if anyone could give me some reccommendations on who to go with next, im looking for someone with unlimited downloads, up to 8mb connection speed and good customer service, thx all :D :D

I have never had a single problem with Telewest Blueyonder... I have the 10mb package.

Cant stand Telewest myself... had uber problems when i was a student lol

we are with UKonline... heard their customer service isnt good... but thankfully never had to call em... 8meg service.. never noticed a cap and about £25 a month or sommat

Been doing battle with Tiscali for a poo service from April this year. Customer service is a joke, and now that I have cancelled my direct debt. That has spurned some action at least, service suspension lol

So despite my sending them recorded delivery letters and stuff informing them of all my actions I still get very slow letters not dealing with any of the issues, and got one the other day warning me of additional charges.. Cant wait until they take me to court for non payment.

Trouble is I am on dial up until I get a transfer code! boo

Tiscali I would not touch with a barge pole :censor:

Hi m8, i think plusnet i was with are the same servers as tiscali, if so i know 100% where you are comeing from. I had to threaten PN with legal action because they refused to cancell my account, you cant even phone them either or send them letters, what a joke. Also they cut your supposedly 8mb speed down to 3/10kbps if you download from any p2p site on the planet, basically i was paying £22 a month for 56k dial up speed. Eventualybecause i threatened them, they took my huge £67 cancellation fee and gave me my MAC key today, ******* ********.

I have never had a single problem with Telewest Blueyonder... I have the 10mb package.

Don't think we have the 10MB package here, but we do have Telewest Blueyonder. Have had the same modem for ages & this year it started to not receive/send any data & throw me off line, called them up & within 5 minutes they'd directed me to a special page as the modem frequency was out, I amended it on their instructions & it's been fine ever since.

I'd recommend them :yes:

I used to be with Tiscali!!!.... Absolute utter poo on a stick!!

Changed to AOL 2mb package with the free wireless router. 2mb is plenty fast enough for me at the moment. No real need to go any faster and it's a decent price too!

Unlike Tiscali, I can download what I want, when I want. Try using p2p program with tiscali .... it's a JOKE!!

Unlimited??... no restrictions.... my ****!

Telewest...

When we had it installed they said they would come around... we waited in all day... no one came, we rang up and were told 'you were out'.... err no we werent... and so it was rescheduled and I asked them to call when they were here (just in case)... no phonecall, and one of my housemates barely heard the knock on the door, went to open it as the guy was writing a 'sorry we missed you' card....

Needless to say, he did some work.. fitted it... and it was ok.. we had TV, Phone and Cable...

Service was ok... dropped a few times... which I rang up customer service and waited... sometimes told there was no fault... other times told there was a problem in the area (seemed there was a 'problem in the area' often).

I think there may have been a time when we had to replace the cable box... but the piece de resistance came when we moved house..

As the contract wasnt up we asked to move it with us to the new premises (not a problem)... we arranged a day for them to come... sat in all day (well housemate did) and an engineer came around... asked my housemate to sign off that it was all installed (which it was) and told him that the service would come on in the next hour... To which the engineer clocked off early, saying that he spent longer at our house than he did.

I come home a few hours later... no service... I ring up... get passed around 6 different people before I get so annoyed I wanna speak to someone higher... who then told me it was a 'problem in my area'... FFS!

well I got the transfer fee refunded... and a few other refunds/perks throughout the time with them due to pants service...

Needless to say... mighta just been cause we were students... mighta been because Bradford is an area with 'problems'.... but I wont ever go with them again... scarred me for life lol :P

But every company is gonna have bad points and good points... my mum n dad are with Pipex... (who bought Tiscali.. or perhaps other way around :P ) and they have had no trouble... *shrugs

Hi all, i went past hell and back with plusnet, im voteing them the worst isp company in the world., Justjj i know where you are comeing from, went through similar problems myself, also had to pay a £70 cancellation fee just to get rid off them ******* ********!!!!!. I did have maybe 3 isps in mind aol/pipex/orange, i think aols a tad expensive, dont know much about piex, and no nothing at all about orange, didnt even know they did broadband.

I was with pipex a few years ago and never had any problems with them

Our website is hosted with Pipex, very reliable company.

I have NTL broadband at home, reasonable service, usually don't get put on hold too much if you need to phone through, connection rarely gets interupted and seems good for the price.

Kev

:D Hi m8, right ill avoid orange then thx, only other people i can think of then is aol, they are pretty expensive though costing £25 for up to 2mbs package and £30 for the up to 8mbs, i have heard mostly good things about aol, good customer service/speeds etc, also no connection fee and no hidden charges. Anyone ever heard of a company called nildram?, i have been told to go with them, supposedly it is better than most companys including aol, im still not sure though what do, thx all :D .

AOL = AO Hell (its affectionate nickname) I personally dont like them either (arent I fussy lol)

Nildram are good.. we used to be with them, but they didnt do 8 meg at the time so we switched :)

I used to be with Tiscali!!!.... Absolute utter poo on a stick!!

Changed to AOL 2mb package with the free wireless router. 2mb is plenty fast enough for me at the moment. No real need to go any faster and it's a decent price too!

Unlike Tiscali, I can download what I want, when I want. Try using p2p program with tiscali .... it's a JOKE!!

Unlimited??... no restrictions.... my ****!

I'm with AOL (begrudgingly!) but to be honest they havent been too bad since I removed their :censor: software. I now connect directly via a wireless router and its alright.

I wouldnt recommend them generally though.

Whatever anyone does dont't get sky - a few people I know jumped at there deal but its rubbish, for example the router needs a reboot every few hours.

I'm on ntl - can't fault em

Hi all, im in a new build so cant get sky/ntl/telewest etc, people have said to me to go for nildram but im still not sure, i did compare them to lots of companys including the big ones and nildram came out way on top of them all:].

Was with Nildram for a couple of years, only talked to their customer services once in that time when I moved house and they sorted moving my ADSL with it flawlessly. Other than that I never had reason to call them, it just worked quickly and with low latency all the time. Not the cheapest, but certainly one of the best.

As JJ said we only moved as UKOnline had started offering 8Mbps round here the best part of 2 years ago now. They've been very solid too, can't comment on latency too much recently as I haven't been playing games so much but I get a 6.5Mbit connection most of the time and can download stuff at over 600k/s, which isn't too shabby. Had one slight hiccup with billing when they failed to bill me for a couple of months and then threatened to cut me off for not paying but one phone call later and I got shifted to their new billing system and its been fine since.

Hi all, right i spent all last night trawling the net looking for a suitable company with no luck, i noticed that all the large companys ie aol/orange etc got bad reviews ie had poor customer service etc. Anyway i narrowed my choices down to aquiss, i read some client reviews which came out very positive, im not sure if i trust these reviews though, ive heard of people goping along with an isp just because of good reviews on the net, and guess what?, they turned out to be totaly rubbish:].

Hi all, right i spent all last night trawling the net looking for a suitable company with no luck, i noticed that all the large companys ie aol/orange etc got bad reviews ie had poor customer service etc. Anyway i narrowed my choices down to aquiss, i read some client reviews which came out very positive, im not sure if i trust these reviews though, ive heard of people goping along with an isp just because of good reviews on the net, and guess what?, they turned out to be totaly rubbish:].

The thing is, people have difference experiences from all sorts of different companies....

Take for example eBay - some people have had a bad experience and wouldnt recommend anyone buy from them whereas others who have had a hassle free shopping experience will do the opposite!

All companies have happy customers and disgruntled customers - some have more of the latter than others but you will never find a company with a 100% customer satisfaction rate. The fact is, you could choose a highly rated ISP and have problems or you could choose one that people dont rate and think they are the best thing since sliced bread... its basically the luck of the draw really!

:D Hi all, right m8 as you say it is just your luck i suppose, anyway ive been racking my brains out for days trying to find a decent company, as ive said i want unlimited downloads and good speeds, i have narrowed it down to orange as they are cheap, people have been putting me off orange though because apparently they arent very good. My sister has been with them for a while and hasnt had one problem with here connection ie discconection/download problems etc. She actually downloads at around 80/130kbps for the 2mb connection which i think isnt that bad, has anybody got orange on here or had orange broadband, if so what are your thoughts/opinions, thx all :thumbsup: .

I remember watching Watchdog about 2-3 weeks ago on BBC1 and that Talk Talk service from the carphone warehouse (I think it is?) was slated. Don't go with them either.

• 4 weeks later...

at lot of ISPs have a download cap, dont go for any of them, Im on

NTL 4mbs in Manchester £25/month

Teleworker 8mbs in Hull £0/month

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links