Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Can I Do?

mkII H3RB

hey guys, someof u may no from 1 of my posts that i recently got my first mr2 mkII n/a.

i couldnt get the turbo because the insurance was 2 high as i just turned 20 lol.

what sort of mods can i do to the engine/exhaust to give me a boost in bhp and torque?

would it be better to just buy a turbo engine? as i can get 1 for £1500 that gives out 240bhp as appose to my 158 atm, not sure about the torque tho.

any help would be great as im new to this but im studying mechanics at college so any help/explinations would be great thanks alot.

Insurance on an n/a with a turbo conversion would be higher than a standard tubby as its classed as a modified car.

You could get 200bhp from the n/a with some mods, air filter, exhaust cams and a unichip (or similar)

would get that result but it'll cost about the same as the tubby engine you're thinking about.

Insurance on an n/a with a turbo conversion would be higher than a standard tubby as its classed as a modified car.

You could get 200bhp from the n/a with some mods, air filter, exhaust cams and a unichip (or similar)

would get that result but it'll cost about the same as the tubby engine you're thinking about.

nice 1 thanks, is there ne chance u could give me any more info and maybe some links or somethin if possible?

also id love neon dials and to paint the dash but what would i use?. sorry for being a pain

I think in the long run, use your n/a to get used to the characteristics (sp?) of the MR2 and then move up to a tubby when you hit 21.

Like Rico says, you will have to throw alot of money into it to hit 200bhp and frankly its not worth it.

Also, turbo conversion is £2400 fitted... you can get a Turbo car itself for that so you might want to think about it.

I think tbh the characteristics of a tubby and n/a are quite different!

Yeah, they're the same car with a different engine... but both are totally different!

If you want to play without your insurance going up (and have the cash)stick a red top beams in it's a n/a which pushes out around 210 bhp, and insurance companies class as just a n/a :drool:

Have a lookie here

Edited by Roytoner

I think tbh the characteristics of a tubby and n/a are quite different!

Yeah, they're the same car with a different engine... but both are totally different!

I'm talking about mid engine weight distribution, its very different to a front engine car under breaking etc.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links