Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starlet Ep80 Timing Marks

EP´s

I see its not gonna be easy to find the EP80 wokshop manual, but meanwhile can someone give me a hand? why after replacing the drive belt, check and double check the timing marks of the crankshaft and camshaft pulleys

the idle speed and performance was not riding good.

I know the ignition timing set usually for toyota 1E engines: 5º ± 2 BTDC @ 850 ± 100 RPM. So I used a timing light, and instead of 5º ± 2 BTDC its 23º BTDC?!!! How??? And the engine only rides good with this settings.

PS: I turned the distributor left and right but the with no good results.

Can someone explain me why?

Thanks

sounds like you're a tooth out somewhere.

There is a timing mark on the crank pulley and a hole in the camshaft pulley that needs aligning with a timing mark on the top end.

As far as I know there's a sticker somewhere on the timing belt cover telling of static timing setup. ( I seem to recall it being something like 10deg BTDC, but don't quote me on that ! )

There is a timing mark on the crank pulley and a hole in the camshaft pulley that needs aligning with a timing mark on the top end.

As far as I know there's a sticker somewhere on the timing belt cover telling of static timing setup. ( I seem to recall it being something like 10deg BTDC, but don't quote me on that ! )

sorry for the mistake i pushed the wrong box,

I find the sticker very damage, its between 5 & 10 BTCD like you said, i checked the pulleys both align, coud be the distributor?

thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links