Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Mini Coopers

Steve-O 2006

Just drove the New Mini Cooper and Cooper S (Not being launched for another 2 - 3 weeks) and they look **** compaired to the old shape...

Plus they ditched the Supercharger on the S and went with a Turbo so you dont get that cool Subercharger whinning sound (supose you could now have a dump valve on it now). The Exhaust system is also different so you dont get them cool popping sounds from the exhaust when you rev it or change gears :(

They also seem slower than the older ones and if you look at the front wheel arch theirs a gap or about 1.5 cm (big enough to get your finger in!!! where the bonnet closes on it (Looks like the bonnet isnt closed fully!!). they have bubbled everything out as well.

All in all I think they are crap, if you are going to get a new Mini go with the older shaped one!!! :)

Heres a pic from google as I ddint have my phone with me EEeewwwww (Will get a pic when the next Mini delivery arrives) -

2007-mini-cooper-s.jpg

mini-cooper-2007-716592.jpg

Pic of the original -

mini_cooper_s.jpg

Is it only me who can't really tell the difference between the "old" Mini and the "new" Mini by looking at photos (apart from the light cluster and fogs)

I almost bought a Mini Cooper, but they were expensive standard and I didnt want it standard, so I chose a Yaris instead - to be honest I've never regretted it! :lol::lol:

Yep - have to say that the old look is miles better.

Turbos are good but superchargers are better - no having to wait around ;) !

I like the mini ..... might have a go in one, one day :P!

Yeah prefer the old style one, a Friend has got one and it's a nice car - bit weird having the speedo right in the centre of the dash completely straight so everyone in the car can see the speed though :unsure:

My brother has an 'old' MINI Cooper. Much as I wanted to hate it for being a cynical exploitation of the original, its actually damn good at what it does (if a little pricey). Curses ;)

if you are going to have a go in one, make sure its the older shape Mini Cooper S or Older shape Mini Cooper S John Cooper Works. Minis Stick to the road so give them hell while going around a corner!!! Cooper S kicks ***** when the Supercharger kicks in and your wheels start spinning. They are fast little *****s hehe :D

If you cant tell the difference from them pics, wait untill you see them on the street in about 2 - 3 weeks time and you will see how horrible they look... Saying that, the Interior is not that bad, just the exterior. New Mini Cooper S I was in today had Sat Nav Screen in the centre of the dash in the circle.

Also, you can have the Speedo and rev counter on the Steering wheel area infront of you if you want as an extra on all the minis (Well the older ones you can, dont know about the new ones).

Only thing is the price of them!! They seem to hold the value quite well compaired to other small cars... £17,500 for a 54 plate Cooper S at the Mini Dealership!!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links