Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Woman Needs Help With Digital Tv!

Demonic Angel

Ok, so I rarely need technical assistance but this is baffling me.

I have a digi-box up in my room and the rents have one downstairs. Mines been out of action for a few months as I didnt have an aerial for it whereas Mum & Dads goes through a digital aerial in the roof (not via the roof aerial, as its dodgy, but one they bought from Argos!)

Coincidentally, I also live in the roof! :lol:

Ok so I finally bought myself a digital aerial off eBay - This One! and it arrived today. Set it all up and....

"No signal"

We're in a strong signal area and my folks digibox works fine off a digital aerial - is there any reason why mine would also not work? My aerial is in the same place as theirs and is suppose to be a better make - so why would mine play up? The digi-box itself is only 8 months old.

And yes all the wires are in the right places and the box is switched on, before anyone asks the typical woman question :lol::lol:

Can anyone shed any light on the possible problem?

Swap the aerials over and see if your stb works with their aerial? At least then you'd know if it was the aerial or the box that's at fault.

Not quite sure what these spangly digital aerials are all about, we had digital TV working just fine from one of those loop aerials that fits into the top of a portable tele at work :)

Well it turned out my box was on its way out - have swapped it for a better one and is now working fine - sometimes the picture is a bit grainy but I've stuck the aerial in the one position it works in! :lol::lol:

Can't get Channel 5 though! :lol::lol:

Those small aerials are rubbish!

Unless you live in an area with a very strong signal you are going to get noisy reception. I find they don't work at all for digital tv (Freeview) where I live.

Your best bet is to get a splitter and extra amp if required for your existing rooftop aerial and plumb that into the back of your tv.

Paul.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links