Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Turbo / Hesitation/missing Problem

jinn_faz

hello,

i recently added a post regarding the MR2 snaking when the turbo kicked in ive found out that my damper are gone, :crybaby:

any way... ive put my foot down on motorway and have realised that the turbo starts to miss on the high end boost, the car feels like its missing but it runs smoothly when its parked up.

any ideas

thanks

Change the dizzy cap and rotor arm, this is a very common problem in mr2's especially turbo's.

They only usually last about 6 months of hard driving then start to play up!

If its not that it could be your plugs and ht leads or a boost leak from a perished hose, all fairly inexpensive repairs :thumbsup:

Change the dizzy cap and rotor arm, this is a very common problem in mr2's especially turbo's.

They only usually last about 6 months of hard driving then start to play up!

If its not that it could be your plugs and ht leads or a boost leak from a perished hose, all fairly inexpensive repairs :thumbsup:

hello,

i was driving the car on the motorway and while it was boosting at full boost the car sort of backed off the boost and puffed smoke out(what colour, i do not know) i smelt the burning of oil :crybaby: . when i was able to stop the car, the was missing, i opened the bonnet the was a small patch of oil near the starter motor :eek: and around the bleed valve which i had just recently installed (it was a little loose) also the was a thicker pipe above the starter motor that felt it was really loose.

Any ideas (i hope the turbo has not gone :crybaby: )

thanks for help (this car has been so much trouble) :help:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links