Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 With Veilside Kit

Steve-O 2006

Hi,

Been looking at a nice MR2 T-Bar Turbo with a Veilside kit on but the only problem is they want around £5,000 for a 1991, almost 16 year old car!! Is this the going rate for old MR2's with Veilside kits on as for that price you can get a 1996 or onwards MR2. I like the Veilside kits when they are professionally fitted but I dont know wether to risk that amount of money on an old car..

Thanks

way overpriced in my opinion.. you can get yourself a mint rev 3 for £4k and then get yourself a veilside kit bought and added with the remaining £1k you would have to spend on this car..

Dont touch it... Has the engine work had anything done to it?

Body kits shouldnt really put the price of the car up much really.... as Fizz says, well over priced unless its some kind of show car!

he said he would take £4,000 for it but when I asked about the cambelt he just said the previous owner said he got it done and their is no receipt for it... So technically it could still need a new camblet fitted..

Its on eBay and looks nice but think I will just go with a new model for the same price and get a kit later on..

Heres some Pics of it, I like the colour and the way its all smoothed in -

9f_1.JPG

72_1.JPG

44_1.JPG

f5_1.JPG

doesn't look too bad.. the front needs meshed and indicators put in there. Not keen on the colour tho!

Is the engine side of the car stock?

Seen this one on eBay already, notice the rear wing is missing on some pics but is back on others?

I would never smooth a front bumper into the wings, one hit on a speed bump and you will have cracks!

Seen this one on ebay already, notice the rear wing is missing on some pics but is back on others?

Yup, says in the description that the centre part of the wing is easilly removed and put back on..

think the only engine / Performance mods are a Bailey Dump Valve and a Cat Back SS Exhaust System

Looks amazing but very overpriced, since its such an old car it might break and spend alot of time in the garage so you cant drive her!

Its like having a really hot girlfriend that you cant have s*x with lol

Its not the fact that it would be unreliable (most Rev 1 and Rev 2 lads will tell you) but the fact that it is overpriced.

The reason the Revision 3 is suggested is because the engine uprated as well as the suspension setup etc.

reliability wise once a car goes over 10 years old it all comes down to how it was maintained. Ive seen some right dogs *rev 3's and some mint rev 1's in my travels.

Im thinking that if they have spent all that money doing it up like that then surely they would have looked after the mechanics / main parts of it... Think I will just stick with looking for a Rev3 then as £4000 is quite alot of money, My Merc was only £500 and its the same age :P

The front bumper is hidious along with the wing in my opinion but variety is the spice of life.

variety is the spice of life.

I said that to my wife but for some reason she doesn't agree :D

:lol:

I think the front bumper is the off putting part as the gap in the middle and sides is quite big.. Might look better if it was meshed?? but still, its different and I have never saw a Veilside kitted MR2 in my area :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links