Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Shall I Or Shall I Not?

mcsky

hi ppl, just wanting some advice if poss, seen this mr2 for sale just wondering if its worth risking buying this? i probably wont be able to insure it yet, but thought of maybe having it as a project car or just keep in my garage until i can insure it, heres the details all on this site:

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=54234

GT T-bar, 1992, 118k on the clock, hmmmmmm i wonder i wonder :wacko:

hi ppl, just wanting some advice if poss, seen this mr2 for sale just wondering if its worth risking buying this? i probably wont be able to insure it yet, but thought of maybe having it as a project car or just keep in my garage until i can insure it, heres the details all on this site:

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=54234

GT T-bar, 1992, 118k on the clock, hmmmmmm i wonder i wonder :wacko:

Seems alot of money for a 2 without any mot & tax. :eek:

£1K alot of money?... surely not for a mr2. That seems dirt cheap. Have the prices really come down that much?

£1K alot of money?... surely not for a mr2. That seems dirt cheap. Have the prices really come down that much?

Still have to get it though a mot. B)

Without an MOT i wouldn't touch it tbh... unless he lets you take it to an MOT station and put it through a test ( tell him its a test drive)

test drive mot sounds good but you gotta take a friend with a good car or your own, like a good expensive car so you can leave it there and they wont get too suspect about it. apart from that it looks in quite good conditioin, the engine bay is clean and the paintwork looks good.

all it takes is a few issues with the suspension and you could get a bill for over £500

Few years ago I had a worn bush on one side, instead of just paying the 75p for the bush, toyota only sell it with the whole arm + hub attached to it costing £150!

icic, very good advice thanx, i shall get my friend to take me in his drift car haha.

yes yes, because then they know you mean business and you got a thick wallet. its quite sad really, cos when i turned up in my civic to look at an evo 9 the service was crap but when i went in my MR2 the tune changed drastically.

They jumped straight onto the computer to see where they could get one in from lol

i havent contacted him for some time now and he e-mailed me today and said that he's dropped the price to £900, hmmmmm so tempted, even to just have it as a project car, think i cud get it down to £700? lol if it was £700 i'd take it off him straight away hahha

If you offer him 700, he will ask for 800-850.. if you take it sold as seen, 800 could be possible... but it depends if you can afford to take the risk on a car without an MOT not knowing it's true condition. I still say test drive mot.

i looked at the pics more closely, the right strut brace is bent, so thinkin somethins probs dodgy bout it, not gonna bother i think, and look around for a rev3 atleast since that ones only a rev2

best buying a car With MOT.. I mean come on, if the owner is so sure it will pass a MOT, why dont they just MOT it, its only £40 odd and at least then it shows its worth it..

Only time I would buy a car without MOT is if I have a Qualified Mechanic with me to look all over it..

best buying a car With MOT.. I mean come on, if the owner is so sure it will pass a MOT, why dont they just MOT it, its only £40 odd and at least then it shows its worth it..

Only time I would buy a car without MOT is if I have a Qualified Mechanic with me to look all over it..

yes steve-o is right, if he's so sure it will pass an MOT then why doesnt he do it? for 40 quid he could increase the value of the car to at least 1300 right?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links