Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reverse Up A Hill - Not!

Shy Ted

Was it just me or did I really experience this: going down a steep hill (5 in 1 -ish) I had to stop and wait for traffic to clear; decided to turn around and reverse up hill to turning point; the car would not move; footbreak was off; Park Brake was off; "hand" brake was off; depressed the accelerator and nothing happened; I know I was in reverse as the park assist camera was showing me the rear view and the beeping was on. I put it in D and had to go forward and three-point turn at the bottom of the hill. :help: What went wrong?

P.S The car is a brand new 06.

Was it just me or did I really experience this: going down a steep hill (5 in 1 -ish) I had to stop and wait for traffic to clear; decided to turn around and reverse up hill to turning point; the car would not move; footbreak was off; Park Brake was off; "hand" brake was off; depressed the accelerator and nothing happened; I know I was in reverse as the park assist camera was showing me the rear view and the beeping was on. I put it in D and had to go forward and three-point turn at the bottom of the hill. :help: What went wrong?

P.S The car is a brand new 06.

:thumbsup: Obviously it was down to my novice skills on the Prius; I tried it again at the same location; pressed the accelerator down all the way and the engine kicked in and I started going backwards up the hill!; after two weeks with the car I can't help but be amazed by the technology - fantastic; excellent car - and that's after owning a TT for 4 years!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links