Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mark96

HI all. I've recently bought a rev 2 mr2 and have a few questoins if you dont mind answering them.

1. If i modify it (e.g wheels exhaust etc) whats the damage on my insurance likely to be?

2. It idles at just under 2000rpm. Is this because its cold or do i have a problem?

3. How hard is it to change the ariel? How much is it likely to cost and where from? i need a new 1 because its been snapped off.

BIG thanks to anyone who replies, cheers :)

hi,

it should rev @ 1700rpm when cold but when warm should be around 900/1000rpm

quite easy to change the aerial mate. Pull back your boot carpet etc, and you'll see how it's all bolted and wired in.

Just unbolt and unclip the wires and replace. Try a breakers or eBay, or imoc.

quite easy to change the aerial mate. Pull back your boot carpet etc, and you'll see how it's all bolted and wired in.

Just unbolt and unclip the wires and replace. Try a breakers or Ebay, or imoc.

Im watching one on eBay at the minute. its a complete thing with the motor. that easy to swap over?

wow i thoughtthis forum would be pretty good but i was obviously wrong

Considering 2 of the 3 questions have been answered within the same day is good. The 3rd question can only be answered by your own insurance company.

The issue is that every insurance has its own underwriters who set premiums based of their own set of guidelines.

So some companies dont care for alloys/zorst being added, some just increase the excess and some increase the premium and some increase both.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links