Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Ride

olorin

Hi there,

Here are a few pics of my car, taken yesterday. Mods:

• OEM roof mounted spoiler
  • 40mm drop with Koenic springs
  • 17x7J Lenso RS5 rims
  • 215/40ZR17 Falken Ziex ZE512 tyres

371906_19_full.jpg

371906_20_full.jpg

371906_21_full.jpg

371906_22_full.jpg

371906_23_full.jpg

371906_24_full.jpg

VERY NICE!!! :drool::drool::drool::drool: I love the way it looks! You need to tint the windows DARK black! and lower the hell out of it! and get dual exhaust..

If you would like to see what can be done with one of these take a look at Fensport Pretty impressive I think you'll agree.

Thanks Adubb! I have been considering tinting the windows, but I want to stay legal, so I would go for a 35% tint. Other than that, I don't really want to do much more to the car. I'm fitting the original springs and wheels when I sell it.

I've seen that car before, ae111sr--quite hectic. If I had any more than 23% of the power of that thing, I would consider going for the skirts, bumper, 60mm drop with sports shocks, et al, but unfortunately I only have 95hp (71kW) to work with... :crybaby:

Hi Olorin and welcome to Toyota Owners Club. Nice pictures - excuse my guess if it's wrong but were the mountain ones taken near Table Top mountain.

Gordy. :thumbsup:

Aha, great place - Capetown. Never been but hope to get there early in 2004 and will take loadsa pictures I'm sure....

Nice car mate :thumbsup:

It's a pity they are only available in SA at the moment... Are the Conquests not being made anymore?

Nice pics ;)

Can't wait to come home for holidays early next year :D (budget pending of course <_< )

Thanks System~G. The Conquest lives on in the shape of the Toyota Tazz, which is their entry level car in SA. It's basically the base model Conquest from 1990 with a slight facelift in '01, and it is only available with a 1300 carb motor. Up until about two months ago, the 1600i motor was available, but sales were very poor. The Tazz competes against the VW Chico, which is a recently facelifted MKI Golf.

I'm not too sure, but I think the "Conquest" name was dropped in 2001.

Although, if you remember the days of the Conquest RSi (4A-GE) , you might be happy to know that the RunX RSi has the 141kW VVTL-i motor from your T-Sport. Before the RuNX took over the RSi nomenclature, the Corolla had it, with the 20V VVT-i 4A-GE motor (115kW normally aspirated). Unfortunately the VVTL-i has received bad press over here resulting from poor performance. For instance, Car magazine tested a Corolla RSi in '97, and it achieved a 0-100km/h time of 7.71sec. A few months ago, the RunX RSi (with a higher power to weight ratio) got 8.48sec.

I've rambled... :rolleyes:

Cheers for the history lesson olorin :thumbsup:

I have been away for just over 6 years now and wasn't really into (performance) cars then like I am now. The figures sound pretty impressive. I remember the Conquest RSi very well as I really wanted one badly :P

Now I'll try calculate how kW transforms into bhp... :wacko::wacko:

RunX RSi 1.8i VVTL-i = 141kW = 190HP

Corolla RSi 1.6i VVT-i 20V = 115kW = 155HP

Oh, and thanks Carlgolsby. :)

• 4 months later...

Amazing looking car and I agree with the other guy who said get the windows tinted... and that would finish off the clean look to a tee..

I don't know what im more amazed at.. the car or the scenery! :rolleyes: You look to live in a beautiful place mate... :thumbsup:

One of my Uncles lives in Jo'burg and has been gettin at me for ages to go down and visit... I really think I should... :rolleyes:

Hey Olorin,thanx for making me homesick...especially as its summer over in SA now :angry::lol: .I used to have a red Conquest RSi[89/90 model] as a student when living in Capetown and soon got the equivalent when I came over here :thumbsup:

Your car looks great and I have read a few threads about it on other forums. Seems your'e tapping every little ounce of power out of that 1.4 . Hope you enjoy it a lot more before you sell it.What car are you getting next?

Cheers

Ant ;)

I'm really not sure about my next car. I bought her in May, so I still have a long way to go with her. If I had to replace her now I would probably go for one of the new A3s, or a Golf IV GTi. But I'll first wait and see what the next RunX is like.

Hi Mate definately like the scenery shots (Car's not bad either :P ) Also making me homesick :( Were those taken up Chapmans peak or is it still closed?

Actually System~G, Chapman's Peak Drive opened just this month. However, I took the sea pics somewhere between Camps Bay and Hout Bay. The first pic was taken in Constantia, and the second on the back of Ou Kaapse Weg.

Olorin,have you any idea then of when the RunX will be facelifted/updated in SA? As far as I can remember Toyota didn't change their models in SA as frequent as over here.I remember the Conquest having a really long run with basically the same shape. BTW ,I'm still homesick :crybaby: last time I was in Capetown was Dec2001/Jan2002. I'm hoping to go for Christmas 2004/2005. Geez! Its still a long way to go :crybaby: .

Its nice seeing guys from my hometown on this site though...and if I didn't say it b4,a hearty welcome to you!

Cheers mate

Ant :D

Antd4agze, my source at TSA (Toyota South Africa) tells me "late in '04". But it's still very much a secret around here. It's only a minor facelift apparently; I think we're getting your headlights. The RunX was launched here in Feb, so a pre-facelift run of 1.5 years isn't too bad.

Yeah, I know the guys in AUS don't like the wide-eyed look of the RunX[their Sportivo]. Apparently their rollas are all imported from SA. The facelift should make the X look more aggressive.

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links