Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Trojan/virus Help

RossP

Ok, so I seem to have a nice little Trojan/Virus on my PC. It has done the following ot my pc:

1. Disabled my Task Manager

2. Disabled Right click

3. Disabled 'Run' Function

4. Disabled 'Search' Function

5. Disabled certain programs from running, such as Ad-Aware

I have scanned the pc with McAfee, AVG, and A-squared, but have had no luck in shifting it.

It also opens mIRC when i start the PC, if i close mIRC it opens back up. If i click continue it opens 7 internet explorer windows...

Has anybody had anything similar? If so any suggestions in shifting it?

reboot and start in 'safe-mode' .... then run your anti-virus/spyware programs etc :thumbsup: !

Yeh tried that already dave

SMW already seen that site, can't use the .reg file or the other one listed as the reg files are coming up as .txt files for some reason, and can't right click on any of the others

Try Hitman Pro.. it's a collection of a lot of anti-virus/trojan scanners etc,., It will download, install, configure each of the programs it uses for you... hopefully it can help you.

http://www.hitmanpro.nl/hitmanpro/ << main website

http://surfright1.dyndns.org/strider2/link...x?name=download << Direct download link.

Disconect your internet connection. Start up in Safe Mode and delete everything in Temporary Internet files (all users) and the Temp folder.

scrub it and start from scratch... 2 hours u can be up and running and trojan free for sure..... complete reformat

quite often do this if i experience problems as it saves the hours trying to find out whats going on...

U might even be able to backup your important stuff before you do this without problem

Update: Now have CTRL-ALT-DEL working, and 'Run' has re-appeared in the start menu.

Formatting isn't an option atm as I have a lot of important files, that until I find them, will take longer than a format, so i'd rather try to find out whats going on.

Dave the file I opened was a trial of a product that I was interested in for my business...needless to say i'm not too keen on it now...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links