Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pay Per Mile Road Tax Petition

Karma Supra

Me too but only because I dont drive far unless I'm going back to scotland.

Surely putting the tax on fuel makes more sense.

the majority of global warming + **** in the air has been caused in the last 150 years...... it wont get twice as bad in 150 years more like 20 years at the going rate, if it carries on in 150yrs there will be nothing left............. all governments do is talk about being green but nothing actually happens.....

Me too but only because I dont drive far unless I'm going back to scotland.

Surely putting the tax on fuel makes more sense.

If it were purely pay per mile then it wouldn't be too bad, but you have to look at the wider implications and how it could affect you. The following is taken from another forum I use. Whether it's scaremongering or not I couldn't say. But the possibilities are certainly there. .

The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to

Purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it.

The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC,

The lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery

Driver.

A non working Mum who used the car to take the kids to school paid £86 in

One month.

On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody will

Know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast you have been

Going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit you can expect a

NIP with your monthly bill.

If you care about our freedoms and stopping the constant bashing of the car

Driver, please sign the petition on No 10's new website

It will end up costing far more... I only drive a few miles to work every day, but one mile of that is my own private drive.. I'll bet I would get charged tax on that mile every day, but will the government/council come and repair my drive? I'm willing to bet no!

Even for lo milers I am willing it will cost more! We have 14 cars in our household, between 4 people one would thing that I'd be up for it, as you can only drive one car at a time etc but I can still guarantee that it would work out costing us more to tax the lot.

People also seem to forget another Blaire stealth tax, - before any car over 25 years old became tax exempt, classed as a "historic vehicle". Blaire soon ended this, "locking" the tax exempt year at 1973. most annoying really as if it wasn't for this my porsche ('83) would have been tax exempt next year, as would another of my dads cars.....

Half a mile.... 1 mile there and back :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Just a reminder, this petiton ends on 20th Feb.

Global warming and congestion are major issues but this is not the way to fix it in my view.

The governement will be able to track your movements even more than they do now.

Only the well off or those whose expenses are paid by corporations will be able to travel.

End of rant :D

Malc

imo this really hasn't been thought out well. Take some of these examples....

Foreign motorists: I doubt very much that people with foreign cars that are driving in Britain will have one of these boxes fitted as their cars will be registered in their native country.

Cars with no Tax/MOT: The government has admitted that their are hundreds of thousands of vehicles on our roads that they are unable to track due to not being registered and taxed properly. This means that these people (potentially the most dangerous drivers on our roads) also will not have a device fitted.

The best way to get more money from every driver is to increase petrol/diesel prices. Now I'm not saying I'd be happy about it, but it's the only thing that absolutely every driver needs and would ensure that everyone pays for driving.

imo this really hasn't been thought out well. Take some of these examples....

Foreign motorists: I doubt very much that people with foreign cars that are driving in Britain will have one of these boxes fitted as their cars will be registered in their native country.

Cars with no Tax/MOT: The government has admitted that their are hundreds of thousands of vehicles on our roads that they are unable to track due to not being registered and taxed properly. This means that these people (potentially the most dangerous drivers on our roads) also will not have a device fitted.

The best way to get more money from every driver is to increase petrol/diesel prices. Now I'm not saying I'd be happy about it, but it's the only thing that absolutely every driver needs and would ensure that everyone pays for driving.

Very true ...... plus you wont have to pay a penny to setup the system :thumbsup:

However the Govenment just want to waste cash rather than spending it in the areas needed (such as the NHS)

Setup thousands of pointless jobs to run the system which we will have to pay for - but we really know that the system is there to spy on us as well as monitor our speed at all times :yawn:

Have to really say "ubik them" if they aren't prepared to listen :yes:

Also bearing in mind this will be a government department running the operation. How much fun are you going to have trying to get your money back from them if your car is stolen and the thief goes for a 200 mile drive at your expense?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links