Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bumper Colour Code ?

Gaz3395

hi , i just got a set of parking sensors that i want to colour code same as my bumpers, but i'm a bit stuck.

the car is Argenta silver, but the bumpers are a shade darker any ideas where i will find the colour code for them.

rav on

Gaz

• Sad 1

just to let everyone know i got sorted....i contacted the local toyota parts dept and they asked me for the reg no., then they gave me the body code ..(which i had from the plate), and the bumper colour code. they can also get the colours in for u cost is about a tenner in total.

colour/paint codes should be on your vin plates too. eg 1c0,1b1,8q6 etc

Mart

Mart, the colour codes are on the vin plate your right... mine was 1D4 which is a matalic silver,

but....

my bumpers and side trim are a different shade, they are a darker silver and the only way i could get the code was to contact my Toyota service centre.

(which was 196 for the bumpers and side moulding)

Chris, just finished the parking sensors,

was really simple, the ones i got are a 6 sensor 2 on front and 4 on rear i have a small screen which is just under ash tray next to gear stick, it shows distance and changes colour green amber and red (stop),

the wires connect to the reversing light and break light with a cable to a live and one to earth. and thats it.

i gave 2 coats of colour spray and one lacquer to finish.

i'll try to post some pics of where the rear sensors are and what the screen looks like.

Gaz

Gaz,

Did you at any point worry that when you drilled the 1" holes in the plastic bumper they were going to crack/bend/disintegrate?

(I've never drilled such a large hole in such plastic.). I assume you remove the bumper 1st?

Alan

Alan

The only thing you must be carefull of is that nothing is behind the position of the hole, to make sure nothing obstructs them when in place. The bumpers stay on, i admit it is a bit scarey and i measured them a dozen times to make sure they were in the right place but they went in a treat..the hole cutter that comes with the kit is a brand new sharp cutter with a lead drill in the centre of it.it took seconds to cut the holes.

The only bit bother i had was getting the cables fished thru from the engine compartment into the drivers section, but with the use of a wire coat hanger and screwdriver i managed ok. ill post a few pics this weekend as soon as i can.

Cheers

Gaz

Thanks for the code Gaz

i needed it for some tte spats/lights that go at the bottom of the front bumper but i'm in 2 minds wether to fit them or not as i haven't seen them on a rav yet other than in the tte brochure.

also may do the parking sensors where did you get yours from?

regards

chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi

what distances did u put your sensors on the rear and what locations

i have a kit but yet to fit it (4 sensors for rear)

cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links