Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

X-box 360 Woes

martin_longbow

Yeah I know its a car forum but this is the only place I know where there are so many other x-box 360 owners.

Anyway yesterday the xbox that I got for my sons Christmas has decided that it does not want to read disks. All the disks are unreadable (or at least thats what the xbox is telling us) There seem to be no marks on the face of the disk but there are marks on the printed face of one of the disks. Now when u put a disk in the xbox just makes strange noises.

Before Christmas when as Santa's little helper I had to check the xbox we got, while I was testing it the game stopped playing and the xbox told us we had a bad disk. In 30 minutes the xbox had destroyed the game disk and left seriously heavy scores on the reading side of the disk. Clearly a miss aligned laser that was actually touching the disk. The store were ok and changed everything before christmas.

This one had been working fine and he has been playing with it a lot, (or possibly because he has had his computer confiscated but that is another story) so I was surprised when he started shouting

So this is the second xbox we have had problems with, and I am about to try to return this one with a slightly different problem to the store for the second time.

Are any of you experiencing simmilar problems, any problems, particularly with the disk drives?

Martin

xbox must not move if there is a disc in the drive.

take it back to the shop for a replacement

xbox must not move if there is a disc in the drive.

take it back to the shop for a replacement

Yeah when I say we were playing with the xbox I did mean playing games on it using the controllers. We have not been throwing the xbox around, it has been sitting on the below his tv. It has not been moved!!

Will take it back later today, its great fun packing these things back into the official packing :lol:

Just take it back.

My first one had some problems, none with this one.

Msoft used a couple of manufacturers to make the DVD drives. Supposedly some problems with some early machines.

Just back from the Argos store, changed it so hopefully this will be us sorted now

Well my first X360 just used to freeze (no error msg or anything) and having swapped it several months ago my new one is now doing the same thing. So it looks like I'm going to have to swap it over again!

I have had friends tell me they're on their fourth or fith Xbox already :(

Mike

I've had the disk read error on an brand new disk a few times - it now works fine.

Apart from that it now works fine ..... the disk and xbox :thumbsup:

Had two die on me since I got one on release day.

Both back to costco for an instant swap, the microsoft repair service isn't too good from what I heard....

i've had one since release day and its never missed a beat .

I dont use it much anymore though , may be an eBay bargain soon .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links