Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Turbo Clutch

Supremetronics

Hi, im looking advice on clutches for my 1994 rev3 mr2 turbo. Will a genuine toyota be the best bet?

Thank you

I had an Exedy organic racing clutch. Good for 450ft/lb of torque.

Was a good clutch. Very nice for driving around town/in traffic.

I wouldn't say so... more dependent on torque. Had a mate who easily ate his stock clutch at 300bhp.

He must be driving like a wally then, ive been running over 300 on my rev3 for nearly a year, and many of my customers are doing similar.

James

It really all depends on how many standing, drop clutch starts you're going to do. That's what kills clutches. In all reality, you'll be doing well through the rev range to generate enough torque to kill a 'new' standard clutch. A standard clutch with 300+ bhp will die quicker than an uprated one... but there is a compromise.

I'm using an RPS Max clutch, rated to 450lb/ft torque, but you know it in traffic. Great bite when it launches though.

If you need a clutch change, and you're considering mods in the future, you might as well uprate it now, as you'll know then that your clutch won't be the weak point. If you're keeping the car pretty standard, and won't be doing a lot of heavy launches then for drivability it's probably worth going stock.

lol... it was a bit mad.

I remember stalling it a million times reversing out of the garage when I picked her up .... lol.

I did the same. First time I got wheelspin in reverse!

So, in conclusion, if you are paying all hat money to get a clutch fitted, you might as well pay a little extra for the kit!

Yes if you plan on upgrades.

No if keeping pretty stock (<300bhp).

Drivability isn't as nice on uprated clutch. No need to ruin the drivability if keeping the car standard.

ian at toyauto can get a 6 puk cerametalic clutch with uprated cover and lightened fly for around £480ish +fitting. thats rated at 490ftlbs

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links