Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitted! What Do You Think?

zebidi

img7684ao7.jpg

fitted in the middle of monsoon season in Britain. Took me ages because i had to go past all the stuff, !Removed! flip lights, buit oh they look gorgeous. lol

How much did it cost?

kit was donated by my cousin but bulbs cost 70ish quid from hong kong, they are 12k :P

i've lost high beam but they're so bright you dont need it!

i've lost high beam but they're so bright you dont need it!

This bit worries me, surely if they're so bright they act like main beam... To all intents and purposes they ARE main beam. What happens to people coming the other way (not to mention the MOT implications)? If they're not as bright as your old main beam and you've actually made your headlights worse, then what's the point? (lets face it the OEM MR2 lights aren't exactly the best, I wouldn't want to go making them worse!)

Are you sure they're not actually driving light units, designed to be fitted as additional main beam lights, rather than a headlight with dip and full beam capability?

lost main beam? MOT faliure....

and if the bobbys decide to pull you over....

ive got main beam i think as you refer it to, i dont have the highest brightest beam, the one you use to flash people with, they are brighter than the original headlights, the people that come the other way i hadnt had any flashes yet as i've dipped the beam a little using the manual setter under the bonnet.

for MOT i will just put the original bulbs back on.

main beam -is- what you flash people with....

dipped beam is normal driving...

all sounds very bright to me...

I think.......

....They are totally illegal!

the brightness is one thing...

the lack of main beam is another...

but are they designed to go in the MR2 lamps, regarding the reflector headlamps that MR2's have, meaning your beam pattern will now be screwed

:eek:

LOl, I think wih the amount of people driving about with their fog lamps on it makes no difference at all!

LOl, I think wih the amount of people driving about with their fog lamps on it makes no difference at all!

thats one way to think, oh and that it'll look good on snow

:blink::rolleyes:

I think.......

....They are totally illegal!

the brightness is one thing...

the lack of main beam is another...

but are they designed to go in the MR2 lamps, regarding the reflector headlamps that MR2's have, meaning your beam pattern will now be screwed

:eek:

i have dipped beam but no main beam (the flashy one) the brightness is.. hmm... its a more intense light not more spread out, i aligned the headlamps so that they were a bit lower so im not blinding anyone apart from myself when i have a car in front of me and ive stopped cos the light bounces off the boot of the other car and shines at me.

I have a bit of glare mind

If you've abandoned one of the 2 main headlight settings on your car, your screwed either way.

Either you've got just a dipped beam pattern, which is designed to cut off the light that blinds people coming the other way. That also happens to be the same light that lights things up a long way away. So your headlights are now rubbish and can't actually light up the road for a decent distance the way a main beam can.

On the other hand you could have a main beam pattern illuminated the whole time, so you'll light up the road really well but blind every poor b :censor: d coming the other way. You can use the adjusters to wind that down if you like, but it won't help a great deal. The dipped beam cuts the light off on a slant towards the offside, whereas the adjusters for main beam just move the whole thing up or down. Move it down far enough not to blind people again and you can see even less than with dipped beam.

Cars don't just have two beam settings for fun, while you're driving along thinking how cool you look with your HIDs anyone with a clue will know you just look like a t :censor: t, either because they're blinded by them or cos they're laughing at you groping along in the dark not able to see a damn thing more than a few feet in front of you.

You can get them with full and dip tho cant you. Cant you swap the bulbs?

jesus is flatty jealous or what? he's totally got the wrong idea, i dont have the beam that blinds people!!! I have the regular beam that you use when you turn the lights on!!! The reason I used the adjuster to dip them a bit is because I dont want any chance of blinding people! yet even when they are adjusted further down they are still bright enough to see a regular higher setting with the normal bulbs!

and yes my bulbs have the full beam bulb within them, im waiting for a wiring kit to get here so i can activate them.

I thank you.

I'm here all week.

Try the steak.

Remember to tip the waiter...

:D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links