Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Online Petition Against New - Car Taxation

Steve

Democracy in action?

The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it.

The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver. A non working Mum who used the car to take the kids to school paid £86 in one month. On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit in time you can probably expect a Notice of Intended Prosecution with your monthly bill.

If you care about your freedom and stopping the constant bashing of the car driver, please sign the petition on No 10's website (link below) and pass this on to as many people as possible.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/

Please sign the petition and help

I received an e-mail about this yesterday so I went on & signed it but I can't really see how it will make any difference... Shame...

I signed this a while back, i hope it never happens, its just like watching people all the time, life is ameant to be about freedom!

I signed this a while ago.

I read somewhere if an official petition against a government action obtains a certain amount of responses then they actually have to sit up and take note and not just ignore it and carry on regardless. I think the number was something like 30,000 and that petition is well over 30,000, so there may be hope.

The above could be complete rubbish, but I’m sure I’m remembering that correctly.

The other option if it does get passed is dont fit the tracker and wait for "the boys" to turn up which will take a very long time. I can imagine a lot of people will just outright boycot it if it does get passed, i will be one of those people.

as i have said befor, how will they police such a thing? i take it if they were to do this you would need to get one for your mot on the car, but after that how do they know if you got it in the car or not? what will they do if it gets wrapped in lead so nothing knows where it is? cut a wire on it so its not working? there will be so many ways to get round this

Agreed. However, if it was enforced it would probably become an MOT requirement, and they would probably start doing spot checks...

Anyone fancy moving to Spain??? I honestly don't know how much of this cowpat i can take from our 'government' :ffs:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links