Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Do These Actually Work?

mkII H3RB

Dude i wouldn't even bover mate. For the money it's got to be crap. I really cant see this working :lol:

jerry!!

If it was worth doing - don't you think Toyota would have already done it for such little cost?

It's CRAP

Dude i wouldn't even bover mate. For the money it's got to be crap. I really cant see this working :lol:

jerry!!

Just looks like a wirewound resistor to me. 50 p at maplin

all it wil do is fool the ecu that the engine is colder than it is, so it throws in more fuel. the engine will run like a bag of s***e and in the long term will borewash the cylinders and youll need a rebuild.

eBay really should ban these things

Yep, total waste of time, makes the engine run too rich. You will get the regular boy racers fitting them tho!

oh dear, how many of these posts have i been through lol.

if they did work, all of us would have one and the would defo sell for more money than that, some exhaust systems dont even give that much on a turbo car.

• 3 weeks later...

They do work. Someone on the Mercedes forum bought one to fix a problem he had with his ecu (or what ever it was, cant remember) but it gave him alot more power but he said its not recommended to use them for a long time so he wired his upto a switch inside the car so when he wanted the little extra power it was their at the flick of a switch and off again when not needed..

But if you want one, you can get one for around 10 - 20p from an electrical component store..

But is it a BHP increase?

dont know, all I remember him saying was that it gave him better aceleration but if you were going to get one to wire it to a switch so its not connected all the time...

Someone was going to invent one on the Merc forum where if you pushed the pedal more than 1/2 way down or so, it activates a switch which connects the resistor giving the power that way...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links