Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius Owners Advice Please

bigcog

Hi

Looking at changing to something like a year 2000 prius on around 50-60k on the clock. From what I hear you don't really get what the book says on MPG. This would be a family car so mostly for weekends, hols, long journeys, not commuting.

So my questions are, how is this model for MPG in reality, whats the boot space like, anything else to be aware of / beware of. Also servicing, are these more complex/expensive to service, do you need to go to a dealer. Any thoughts that might be helpful in whether this is a good buy for me would be great.

thanks

• 2 months later...

I own an X reg Prius that I've had for several years. The best mpg I've achieved is 60.1 during the summer months. Over the winter this has dropped down to 58.3. It's now on the way back up! I use my car for commuting along 40mph roads and motorway down the week and every weekend I go from Hampshire to Devon, so I reckon, what with the hills along the coast road to Devon and the hilly terrain where I live at theweekend, that this is pretty good. The key is not to hammer it, but that does not mean that you have to drive slowly! Just watch the effect your right boot has on the consumption.

I have to say that I thoroughly enjoy this car. It's been very reliable and is very comfortable. Go fo it!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links