Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hello, Spoiler Q

the_shredder

Hi,

I am new to the forum, and to driving in fact! I just bought an MR2 MkII for my first car :) have wanted one for years and an insurance check came up under a K so i thought why the hell not! (Now.. to pass my test!)

Anyways, it has no spoiler, and looks like it needs one, so can anyone recommend one and where to get it, because i've looked on eBay and they only have universal ones which all look a bit weird... i dont like big stupid ones, just something smart. Any help appreciated! Thanks

Hi there, welcome to the club.

Did you car have a spoiler and then it was removed or has it just never had one? Is it the 112bhp Camery version which doesnt have the spoiler as standard?

Chack out the Combat Style Adjustable Rear Wing (RMG Developments) at http://www.revision6.com/forms/products.aspx?cat=2

Its prob one of the best spoilers for the MK2.

00.jpg

Sorry i forgot to give some details. Not sure which type it is, i dont really have a clue about these things, but it is a J reg 1992 and not a turbo or t-bar, just the bog-standard version i think. That spoiler looks very nice, though from that chart i think mine is greyed out, as i assume its a rev1?

J reg can be late Rev1's or early Rev 2's!

Sounds like you have the Camery engine version. Is it UK spec or import?

Its UK. I dont think it had a spoiler, but the aerial sticks up about 2 inches, because its meant to be with one of those spoilers that it pokes out the top of!... thats what i was told anyways... actually yeh it looks like it needs one like your old one! that wud do me fine, dont exaclty have £250 for a spoiler at the mo

So you are looking for a rev1 or 2 spoiler, there are loads going cheap, just need to look around. try www.imoc.co.uk they have loads of stuff for sale on there.

Should be able to get one for about £30 - £40 I would have thought.

Thanks very much i will check that out now! Thats a better price, considering it just failed its MOT n gona cost me £350 :(

Not too sure, as i cant drive legally yet my mate is sorting it out with the garage. but i know its something to do with suspension, and am sure i heard something to do with anti-roll somethingorother...

the guy at this garage has actually owned 3 MR2s himsef, and am pretty sure he recommended not to get this spoiler actually coz its a !Removed! to fit - is that right? he said to get the one that is like it but doesnt go so far down the body. any ideas which1 he is talking about?

cheers for the help by the way, i dont have a clue :D

I would say that the rev1 spoiler is WAY harder to fit than the rev5 one as there are more parts and more holes to be drilled.

Hang 5 till you have a bit of money and get one you like.

hey im buying Rash's spoiler that he advertised on this page, so if that goes through ill sell u my Rev 2 spoiler. nothing wrong with it but if ur car aint red ur gonna have to et it painted.

£30

rear-1.jpg

hi mate and welcome - go for the rev5 as mentioned.....

Rash

p.s did i mention i have one for sale.... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

Rash, you say in the eBay ad that you got it from Rogue and its NON ADJUSTABLE.

I make the ones for Rogue and they are adjustable :yes:

Just curious thats all :thumbsup:

Russ

MkII h3rb where are you based? posting is going to be tricky i assume and i can't drive yet to pick it up!

im from a place near birmingham called stourbridge, where about are u based

Torquay! Bit far... BUT i have a mate who lives in Leamington, how far is that? He's coming down to Torquay next month so could bring it with him maybe, just a matter of getting it to him!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links