Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Petition For Scrapping Speed Cameras Sign Sign Sign!

zebidi

I seriously doubt the results of this will ever lead to cameras being scrapped, it's a fairly pointless petition IMHO.

This one however is not:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/

Please sign to register your opposition to yet another tax on UK motorists, and one which is seriously morally questionable.

I seriously doubt the results of this will ever lead to cameras being scrapped, it's a fairly pointless petition IMHO.

This one however is not:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/

Please sign to register your opposition to yet another tax on UK motorists, and one which is seriously morally questionable.

Nearly 1m there .... that's not bad considering how many drivers there are and have access to the net :yes:

well ive signed up to both. speed cammeras do not work. speed does NOT kill, peoples poor driving attitudes and carelessness DO

well ive signed up to both. speed cammeras do not work. speed does NOT kill, peoples poor driving attitudes and carelessness DO

i couldnt agree more. most people that get speeding tickets are actually the ones that drive always to the speed limit and only speed once or twice, seeing that they dont drive as fast they aren't as alert as the ones that do.

Does that make sense? it did in my head anyway.

point is if you're used to spotting things when you're going quick you are even more alert when going slow.

point is if you're used to spotting things when you're going quick you are even more alert when going slow.

unless you get complacent ;) but i detest speed cameras anyhoo and travel tax is just another way of fleecing drivers... the only way itll reduce congestion is by pricing people off the roads... not fair at all due to the implications for people who travel distance to work an dont get paid a fortune(rules out politicians being affected then eh)

nearly on the same topic but did any of you see the news the other day on how much some of them claim for travelling expenses? they were claiming more than I get paid a year

Now I am one for sensible petitions. I think the recent road taxing one has been a good hit, and will hopefully help.

However if every Tom ***** and Harry come up with silly petitions and throw them around carelessly, it will devalue the whole system.... What we dont' want is a load of illiterate chavs from various "kroooze" forums campeigning to "ban speed kameras innit"

With all the millions generated, its simply not going to happen!

i agree with karma supra about all sorts of petitions

i have signed the road tax petition but i dont think it will help. after all, it doesnt affect the politicians who use cars to get everywhere will expense the road tax thus raising out taxes again.

the uk governments screw up the uk, well new labour seems to be doing a better job than conservatives

I'm not signing that because it wont make a jot of difference. The government makes far too much money from speed cameras just to bin them because some people have signed an online petition.

And anyway, I don't have an issue with speed cameras per se, it's the way in which they're used that annoys me. What I mean is big, fluorescent, easy to see cameras put outside schools & by accident blackspots - where everybody knows that if they speed down that stretch of road, they'll get nicked - would be a good thing. Tucking a sly little camera behind a sign next to motorway to catch people speeding in perfect driving conditions when there's hardly any traffic are the ones that annoy me, because they're there to screw people out of money, not save lives.

I'm not signing that because it wont make a jot of difference. The government makes far too much money from speed cameras just to bin them because some people have signed an online petition.

And anyway, I don't have an issue with speed cameras per se, it's the way in which they're used that annoys me. What I mean is big, fluorescent, easy to see cameras put outside schools & by accident blackspots - where everybody knows that if they speed down that stretch of road, they'll get nicked - would be a good thing. Tucking a sly little camera behind a sign next to motorway to catch people speeding in perfect driving conditions when there's hardly any traffic are the ones that annoy me, because they're there to screw people out of money, not save lives.

Exaclty the same here ...... if they was all used correctly I would have no problem with them :thumbsup:

They are supposed to be there to warn us of a potential hazard ahead

They are supposed to be there to warn us of a potential hazard ahead

wouldnt a sign saying 'drive quickly through here and you might KILL a small CHILD' do exactly the same job?

oh hang on it wouldnt nick people and earn money.....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links