Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyres

T.F.S.B.I.G.W.S.

My mother has a Ford Ka (sorry - I expect this may be in the wrong place but I hope someone can shed some light). I have pumped up the front off side tyre almost weekly for the past month. She has taken it to the garage a couple of times and has been told that there is nothing wrong with the tyre. Today it was down to about 22 and should have been on 30. Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Most probably a leaky seal.. they don't always show up in a tank of water, but with the added weight of the car a slow leak develops, especially with alloy wheels. It is (at my work anyway) the most common form of slow puncture.

The cure.. well, stripping tyre off the rim, clean any rust/oxidisation from the seal area, apply some tyre bead sealer, replace the valve and refit and balance the tyre... if this still doesn't cure the problem, then depending on the tyre size you can get an inner tube fitted (just because a tyre has "tubeless" written on it, doesn't mean that you can't fit a tube) but if it is a 50's tyre, then a tube cannot be fitted.

I'll move this to the "General" section for you.

My mother has a Ford Ka (sorry - I expect this may be in the wrong place but I hope someone can shed some light). I have pumped up the front off side tyre almost weekly for the past month. She has taken it to the garage a couple of times and has been told that there is nothing wrong with the tyre. Today it was down to about 22 and should have been on 30. Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

This would have been better asked in "GENERAL".......................(Or the Ford forum :lol: )

It could well be that the wheel is porous and allowing the tyre to deflate.

As said above......

Also check the actual rim, if its slightly curbed of hit a pothole, that could also do it!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links