Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strange Noise

yaris_girl

Now, this might turn out to be something trivial, but at the moment, its extremely annoying!

Every time a either pull away, or put the foot down, i get a strange noise that sounds like its coming from the windscreen. It sounds like the noise a small stone hitting the window makes, a single 'tick' every time it happens. Now obviously its not a stone, as it happens EVERY time - but i have no idea what it can be???

Its only recently its started btw.

Now, this might turn out to be something trivial, but at the moment, its extremely annoying!

Every time a either pull away, or put the foot down, i get a strange noise that sounds like its coming from the windscreen. It sounds like the noise a small stone hitting the window makes, a single 'tick' every time it happens. Now obviously its not a stone, as it happens EVERY time - but i have no idea what it can be???

Its only recently its started btw.

Have you got something rattling around in your glove boxes?

No nothing - its too specific to be something like that. Happens the at the same point every time and sounds like its coming from the windscreen/just below it.

Wasn't there a problem with some piece of plastic under the bonnet (just below the windscreen) that was causing funny noises for some members?

IIRC it was an easy fix.

Edit: might be to do with this.....

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...c=40080&hl=

Writer of post quoted here! Yes, it could be that though it tends to be a real buzzing sound rather than something like a click. Could be worth trying though. A few double-sided sticky pads would soon sort it if that's what it is. The problem was easily put right and it's still fine to this day.

Another thought from an experience with my previous Yaris. Have you checked the holes where the wipers go through the plastic on that "apron" that rests against the screen? The holes are huge and foreign bodies like twigs, stones, etc. can get in there easily, especially with all the rubbish that was blowing around not so long ago!

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links