Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rev 2 Or 3 Turbo?

dawolf

Still hunting for a good turbo. I notice that rev 2's seem to be priced at anything between £2k and £3.5k whereas rev 3's hold their price more with many of them priced above £4k. I am going to part-ex my G-Limited as it's the least hassle, most places offer about £1.5k for it so I'd have to find the rest in cash (well, probably use my 0% credit card then transfer to a loan later on).

Do you think it's worth the extra money for a rev 3? I've heard they're easier to mod and have better parts, including stiffer suspension, uprated internals and metal head gasket.

Is it adviseable to go for a standard one as opposed to modified? Is a fresh import usually the best option? I get the impression many Brits seem to abuse these cars and mess with the boost.

Thanks.

We keep going in circles laddo... :lol:

Average condition rev 3's can be had for £3.5k as Rash can prove as he has one for sale... Thats a T-bar and Turbo with a couple of minor niggles which aint major.

Rev 3's are the ones to go for otherwise you will be gutted... listen to those chaps who have been caught out on this and have eventually gone up to rev 3 tubbies.

Stay away from fresh imports as you have no idea what is going to happen with them. If you get a car that has been in the country at least a year then the niggles which would surface would have been fixed by the owner to a point where they are happy.

Then you buy it off them knowing you aint as likely to find these small niggles.

Cheers Fizz. Lol. I just want to make sure I end up with a good car which won't burn my wallet.

My G-Limited was a fresh import and didn't have any problems with it, not until the last few months anyway but I understand what you're saying mate. Trouble is if I buy privately I'll have to sell mine privately.

What Fizz said, i'm on my 2nd Rev3 now, it's the way to go fella,

i can deffo say you CAN pick a good rev3 up for around the £3.5k ish mark, just look at what Rash has.

Mo.

rev3 is a lot better.

better turbo, better manifold, better intake manifold i think? I've heard rev 1,2s have cylinder issues, better suspension set-up, and the best bit is that the ecu doesnt use !Removed! MAF sensors and uses MAP sensors.

a lot easier to tune a car with MAP sensors than MAF, not to mention that standard it has 20 more bhp.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links