Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Poor Quality Petrol?

Demonic Angel

Wonder if that was what was in mine? It didn't smell like diesel but it made the car run like a bag of spanners and it cost Sainsburys's over £400 to put right at the end of the day.

''The penalty for supplying fuel which does not meet industry standards is a £5,000 fine''

Bet Tescos are worried :D

Yeah heard about this on the news. I guess i will keep away from super market fuels for a month of so :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Apparantly the majority of cars affected are from the 'higher-end' of the market. Are they all Yorkshire-men or something?! I mean are they really so tight? Spend £20k+ on a car and fill it up with crude to save a couple of pence? Serves them right.

Iv always said that supermarket fuels are crap, ffs just buy decent fuel, for an extra couple of quid it's worth it.

Apparantly the majority of cars affected are from the 'higher-end' of the market. Are they all Yorkshire-men or something?! I mean are they really so tight? Spend £20k+ on a car and fill it up with crude to save a couple of pence? Serves them right.

Iv always said that supermarket fuels are crap, ffs just buy decent fuel, for an extra couple of quid it's worth it.

Yorkshire man….correct :yes:

Tight…probably, with no income for 18 months you tend to get that way. :yes:

Wrong to fill up at supermarkets….Correct :yes:

The only reason it caught me out was because I had some Sainsbury’s vouchers and I hate shopping so I used it to fill up…..Hey-ho, at least they compensated me more than it cost and yes, it did serve me right :thumbsup:

lol yeah whats 5,000 to them!!

2006 Tesco group profit = 2.25 billion.

I make that about £4200 profit per minute

Never had a problem with Tesco fuel. Always ran my bikes and cars on it, and nothing out of the ordinary has occured.

I tend to run them on Super though. Is it every batch of petrol, or just normal unleaded?

I dare in its early stages this could have been considered terrorist activities. Consider it, on a larger scale, if they contaminated one of the main suppliers. It could halt many of the countries car, keeping many people off work, costing the economy billions, restrict police, far and ambulance services.

This however, seems to be some idiots mistake and a pretty contained issue. I filled up last night from a Tesco garage, heres hoping :|

There is already a post on this topic in general, so I'll merge this with that.... :thumbsup:

Cool, I didnt notice it... :!Removed!:

Glad I only "feed" my car proper fuel now. Prices for Esso etc are exactly the same as supermarkets round here, so my only hardship is going a bit out of the way to not use supermarket fuel.

this proves to all those non-believers out there that all fuel comes from the same place!

i do some work in the depots mate and appart from texaco, bp, Shell + total, most other brands fill up from the same tanks.

A major Greenergy storage depot is run by distribution firm Vopak on the River Thames at West Thurrock, Grays, Essex

^ ^ I'm in Thurrock also, there seems to be a lot less traffic about at the moment around here, which is giving a bit of a strange feeling when out driving. I know it's not a cause of the petrol problems but it's strange!

I filled up at Sainsbury's using 95 Ron on Tuesday night, have done 70 miles since and no problems at all - but I am worried that I might be next (btw dont tell me not to worry, we're right near the terminal and supermarket fuel - I am not silly). I'm keeping a close eye out for anything, the T-Sport did get some 99 Ron Tesco Fuel on Monday but only £10 worth, that's been fine - and the other Skoda & Fiesta in the household are fine but those two are fed Total Petrol...

It's a very dodgy situation IMO, at work - Motor Insurance our claim director emailed our Manager to say how we have to deal with it and I had a call from an affected lady in the midlands who had filled up with Tesco Fuel and now has no car to drive.

Filled Milly's soop up with Tesco fuel.... no worries at all.....

Filled mine up at Sainsbury’s again and it has to go back in Toyota today :( .............……….......OK it’s just for a service but I bet it had you thinking :P :lol:

There's talk about them putting another 2p/litre on the price of fuel to cover the cost of all of the problems, which is absolutely pathetic. It was the company's mistake, not the general public's & now they're expecting everybody else to cough up extra to cover it when they're all making record profits. They should pay for it out of the profit & put it down as 1 of those things that happens to businesses, that's what any other company would have to do.

There's talk about them putting another 2p/litre on the price of fuel to cover the cost of all of the problems, which is absolutely pathetic. It was the company's mistake, not the general public's & now they're expecting everybody else to cough up extra to cover it when they're all making record profits. They should pay for it out of the profit & put it down as 1 of those things that happens to businesses, that's what any other company would have to do.

If they do, I'm gonna start burning things... :ffs:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links