Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fast Diesel

G79

I'd soooo agree with Subbs on the Civic :thumbsup:

And if you want something a little cheaper, the Seat Leon 2.0 TDi is an excellent car, same as a VW Golf but with a different badge.... 0-62 in 9.3 seconds, 50mpg

It's not as futuristic looking as the Civic, but you get the reliability of VAG and its quite a good looking car to boot! :yes:

Yeah, buy a Leon, as mentioned you get the reliability of VW & those figures can't be argued with, plus you wont be buying 1 of the ugliest cars in the history of the world (the latest Civic)

Kev - you need to go to Specsavers mate.... :lol:

03-08-06-01-HondaCivicTypeR.jpg

Granted... thats the Type R.

But as an example of how ur civic could look... :drool:

Like i said... Marmite :)

Yeah, love it or hate it, I absolutely hate it, I think the old shape is absolutely brilliant, the new is 1 of the worst in history so whenever I see 1 I feel sickened by it. I don't think it would have annoyed me as much if the old shape was ugly too, but as I say I think the old shape was beautiful. It's the rear that does it for me, makes me want to vomit, but anyway, erm... good luck with the search

Lmfao... you guys crack me up.. I love it!

I suppose it call comes down to personal prefrence, when looking at the styling of modern car, especially the interiors. For example, I have looked at the Seat Leon, I loved the exterior look of the car, especially with the body kit), however I felt the interior was a real let down. It just seemed cheap and bland to me, and this seems to be common in a lot of cars. The only two cars I've found that have nice interiors are Toyota and Honda. Looking at the interior of the skods Fabia, I though it was bland, however, change the stero, stick on some sliver stuff (to cover the black) and I think it could look rather nice inside.

I think the Honda Civic Type R is fat man (that's what the rude boys say isn't it) with totally blingin wheels man, and if you put a kick ***** sound system in there man, it would be like totaly of the chart man. :D

G

Jaguar X-Type 2.0 Diesel... mmmm.... bit more expensive to insure.. group 13/14.. but what a car meow lol :D

G

Lol... the poor mans Jaguar.

:P

Hahaha... ye I suppose so... still... a damn nice looking car, and not everyone will know its a poor mans jag :D Just looked at insurance, just me, fully comp, 3k miles per year.. cheapest quote £460

G

Just a quick question for you G79.... Why buy a diesel if you are only likely to drive 3k miles a year? It's not really worth it is it?

Just a quick question for you G79.... Why buy a diesel if you are only likely to drive 3k miles a year? It's not really worth it is it?

I don't know really.... I suppose it's just good to know it won't cost me much to run. What advantages would I get out of a Petrol over a diesel? Apart from performance? Good question MiniMarc... you truly are a deep thinker aren't you :D :thumbsup:

G

MiniMarc... you really do like the skoda Fabia vRS don't you :D Hmmm well with a bit of a body kit, de-badge it, it could be a really good car... OMG.. did I just say a skoda could be a good car :huh:

G

Skoda's have come a long way from being a hand warmer in the winter!!! (Having to push it)

Gav! It ain't the same without ya in the Auris froum...COME BACK!!!!!

Have you looked on the toyota website or others looking for 'used' Auris? I had a quick check on Toyota £14,995 (I know over your limit)

Toyota Auris 2.0 D-4D T Spirit 5-Dr Specification includes power steering, anti-lock brakes, drivers air bag, central locking, electric windows, compact disc player, air conditioning, split rear seat, front fog lamps, alloy wheels, tinted glass, climate control, drivers armrest, cruise-control, computer, engine immobiliser, trip computer, adjustable steering wheel, head rests, 6 speed manual gearbox, rear wash wipe and rev counter. Demonstrator. Mileage on application.

Registration HX56VZR

Year 2007 JAN

Mileage MOA

Transmission Manual

Fuel Diesel

Price £14,995

Kings Toyota Hedge End

Snows House

Botley Road

Hedge End

Hampshire

SO30 2RA

Tel: 01489 799820

Fax: 01489 775049

Gee don't get a diesel for 3k - as you are probably aware diesel costs more than petrol, add to that the price of the car.

Plus diesels also cost more to service than a petrol equivilant.

Can't remember the figure but I think it was 16k+ a year when diesels pay off ??? I'm sure someone will let us know :thumbsup:

Something like that - when I bought my first Yaris diesel I worked it out to be 18k or so based on the prices at the time.

Have I mentioned that road tax for the Yaris D-4D is now £35 a year if I understand the budget correctly... :D

A

As already stated, a diesel will cost more money than a petrol to run if you're only doing so few miles. What I'd suggest is you get a petrol and as you won't be driving much, when you do drive you need to enjoy it as much as possible. Therefore I'd suggest you get a car with VVTL-i like say ohhhh I dunno maybe the corolla T-Sport... :thumbsup:

I met up with a guy yesterday and he's selling his CTS as he's applied to emigrate to Oz so he needs all the spare cash he can muster. :driving:

I know this goes against all your criteria but i thought its worth mentioning. You know your in a prime position to buy a type-r old style or even a compressor - they are going for between 10k and 13k. If you only drive 3k miles you could have some serious fun at a small cost in a 2nd hand hot hatch. If you want to stick with toyota look for any dealer who have an ex-demo compressor for sale. Dealers are on the brink of trading them to shift them because no-body wanted a 20k corolla hot hatch from T. Since then they have been forgotten and they are dirt cheap now.

I know they may only do 25mpg and the ins. maybe around 500 for you but it's a possibility. I'd love a hot hatch for an everyday car, i'd buy a focus ST / type-r or GTI if i could but i drive nearly 50 miles a day just for work so i'm going for an auris t180.

If i only drove as little as you i'd jump at the chance for a type-r and spend the extra on insurance and tax. 3k per year you fill up once a month which would cost about £48 from empty.

You could even buy a brand new Yaris SR for around 12k (edit: got the price wrong) with some barganing - it is a nice looking car indeed. You will have to suck in the fact you will loose a fair chunk but always remember, fingers crossed your wear and tear running costs on a new car for the first 3 years will be very low and if you keep it for up to 5 years buying new is on a similar level as buying older and only keeping it a few years. Interestingly i read somehwere people who loose out the most are buyers that go for 1yr old cars and change quite frequently; every 2-3 years.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links