Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leaking Aygo

jaydoy

Got my little car back a day early! New carpets fitted right through, new door seals (same style) and the newly produced door gutters are fitted. They are plastic/rubber strips fitted to the top edge of the inside of the door frame, a water channel designed to shift the rainwater away from the rubber door seals. They also replaced the rear vents/flaps (mentioned above) as they admitted that these too can cause problems with water into the boot although I hadn't noticed any. Lets hope we're now fully waterproof...

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sue R

• T.F.S.B.I.G.W.S.

• Jan van de Wouw

• Anna1976

mines a 3 door n the back windows open!!!

With a hamer though it maybe, but try getting them closed then :P

Have a pic of that? AFAIK only the 5drs have the flappy windows in the back.

Ooooops :blush: got it wrong......on inspection they dont! erm the windows opened on the showroom car but that was a 5door.......sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol u had me looking and everything ... :rolleyes:

Your Back windows open? My 3dr Blue doesn't...

Washed the car today so far so good. Though I did notice some water on the front passenger side door. But I don't know if that is just excess water from the seals that has dripped into the car when I opened it.

Your Back windows open? My 3dr Blue doesn't...

Washed the car today so far so good. Though I did notice some water on the front passenger side door. But I don't know if that is just excess water from the seals that has dripped into the car when I opened it.

Right then, Mr T replaced the drivers’ side door seal. I can’t tell any difference (apart from the absence of any more leaks), but they did mention this one was shaped to the door (probably just a bit of a firmer fit against the seam door frame). It’s definitely glued into place this time. I was (politely) told that I could kiss my warranty goodbye if I moved it again (for an alarm LED routed to the door). It looks the same, just a have to swing the door a bit harder to close it nowadays

On the previous occasion, the leak occurred because the seam of joining the ends of this extruded seal was at the top of the door frame (leaving a tiny gap) and it was easily removed and repositioned with the seam at the bottom. It appeared that the seal had already settled into its final shape, which is why the leak occurred again

The original fault was caused by an incorrect bending of the door seal with the door closed, there was also an issue of seal rotation and sliding down of the weatherstrip, because it was not fixed in position. When the seal deforms or rotates, it is possible that water can enter past the door/seal

The new seals are modified so that it stops in the same position (no rotation or slipping down) the seal shape has changed and sealer is used on the inner part of the weatherstrip to stop water getting past the inner part of the seal. There is also a type of drain hole in the bottom to let any water that has gathered in the seal, to drain outside the vehicle

Hope this helps

Kingo :thumbsup:

Just to make sure, I am just about to buy a new Aygo, has this problem been sorted on new cars ??, sorry If this has been answeared already just panaking:)

I have an Aygo Blue, just over a month old. The week I got it I was furious to hear that my daily journey included 38 severe flood warnings for almost a week in January but I'm pleased to say he's done fine. I wouldn't worry about it just keep an eye on it so you can get it fixed if needs be.

...... but I'm pleased to say he's done fine. I wouldn't worry about it just keep an eye on it so you can get it fixed if needs be.

I have seen more than one reference on this forum to an Aygo Blue being refered to as him. Is it official then, are all Blues regarded as Male? B)

I have seen more than one reference on this forum to an Aygo Blue being refered to as him. Is it official then, are all Blues regarded as Male? B)

Blue, Black, Carbon Quartz and Red are all fellers.

Platinum, Silver and Ice Blue are the ladies.

:D

My Blue will be a girl as my daughter had a role in a play last week as a fairy living on a blue island and was fully dressed in blue. It will be named after her character.

:lol2: I feel a poll coming on again... I got to ask what the characters name is????

I have a blue and its definitly male, but he is more of a metromale, possibly gay, I dont know he is very cagey!

Took my Aygo in today for the seals and radiator to be replaced and have been driving my courtesy car round today, none other than an Auris 1.4 Diesel MMT, have to say Aygo > Auris any day :D Great car but i find the Aygo more fun tbh

Pickin up my car tomorrow, hopefully no more leaks.

Hope yours is ok! It rained last night for the first time since I had mine 'fixed' and guess what....I've still got a puddle in exactly the same place! Not amused and going over to garage now!! :angry:

Yeah you should since when I picked mine up earlier today I was told the seals were fitted that they had planned to fit however 'extra seals' had recently be designed so now ive got to take the car in again next thursday. Probs worth people going into the dealer and seeing if you need the new parts (even if you have already had the seals done) seeing as these new ones appear to be an add on

If the extra seals run along the top inside edge of the door frames I had those fitted 2 weeks ago! The garage are 'absolutely stumped' now as to what to do with mine and have requested a visit from 'a man from Toyota'...

• 4 months later...

NOT Happy.

Left my Aygo outside on Street parking last night - Rained hard overnight.

(Usually it lives in my garage overnight, it was visiting friends, so I guess that's the first time it got truely rained on)

Now I have a significant amount of water sitting in my passenger footwell.

I have a Aygo Platinum..... :(

Off to the dealers later then......

How the hell is Red a boy and Silver + Ice blue a lady?

All colours are unisex (except for red, that is definatlly a lady). And the carbon quartz is a rat :P

How the hell is Red a boy and Silver + Ice blue a lady?

All colours are unisex (except for red, that is definatlly a lady). And the carbon quartz is a rat :P

I'd agree ... Blue, Black, Carbon Quartz and Red are boys

Platinum, Silver and Ice Blue are the girlies :) The Carbon quartz isn't a rat thank you very much !!! lol

As for the leaking ... can't say i've experienced it in the year that i've owned him and my ex had him from new and he's never had it either... we must be the lucky ones :)

I have one of the slate blues, and its been out in some serious rain whilst driving and overnight. Aint had a problem with it.

Had new door seals fitted on Monday so far so good :P

Had new door seals fitted on Monday so far so good :P

/\ /\ That's good news ! :D

I am booked in to have my door seal changed on Weds.

Dealer was fine with it, as I took it to them still soaking wet!

Fingers crossed.

Mine's a March 08 5 dr Platinum (female obviously). ;)

Anna x

Mine (07 Sport) went back again (5th time) yesterday. Had been dry for a couple of months and then the puddle reappeared, exactly the same place...from the base of the passenger door. My seals had already been replaced and mods (stick on strips across the inside top door frame) added. Seems that the last twice its been a problem with the plastic membrane inside the door skin. Fingers crossed this time cos I'm pretty fed up!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links