Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leaking Aygo

jaydoy

Hi Anna,

Hope you get it fixed. If there is still a problem then you ought to give them at best a final letter setting out a final date by when you expect the leaks to have been sorted (say 7 days) after which you will be rejecting the car and expecting a full refund i.e what you have paid for the car - you are not expected to be out of pocket. Like I have said though. It would probably be worthwhile seeing your local CAB first. It certainly sounds to me that the dealer has had enough goes at the problem. :(

Let's hope they fix it which would be the simplest solution all round.

Thanks again, yes that sounds fair. This is definately their last chance to fix it

Amusingly, as I drove to work today in the courtesy car, I leaned over to get in the glove box & the handle broke off.

Opps, sorry - wrong thread! Another Aygo problem! :rolleyes:

I'll keep you posted,

Anna x

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sue R

• T.F.S.B.I.G.W.S.

• Jan van de Wouw

• Anna1976

Got my Aygo back Friday night after 3 days in the local Mr Ts. They said what had been done, stripped out in boot area full pressure test and found water coming in through the O/S airvent due to the wiring for the parking sensors running through it, so rerouted wiring. Also put new seat covers on rear seats and carpet in boot. I hope this is the last time.

found water coming in through the O/S airvent due to the wiring for the parking sensors running through it

I'm going to have a look at that myself then, as I've also

got these !Removed! sensor wires running through there!

Should I have a leak then I'm removing the sensors

all together, as they've been useless anyway...

Hi Jan. I dont know if you should have a leak :D But like you the sensors are a pain in the *****

:angry: like you say.

All seems dry so far and I'm glad I didn't get the Toyota-sensors,

but a DIY-set at about 10% of the Toyota-price...

Seems to me that all these 'fixes' are just random stabs in the dark by Toyota. The rear footwell/spare wheel area appears to have been sourced by a couple of eagle-eyed Aygo owners who have taken the time to properly test and locate the leak entry point - something Toyota mechanics seem incapable of doing! In this case the water ingress seems to be around the rear lights and a small vent behind the rear bumper. As for the passenger footwells it's obvious that replacing the door seals over and over again is not the answer! So the source could be water getting in behind the windscreen seals or maybe there's a grommet missing in the engine bay/front footwell area?

I had a test drive in an Aygo Platinum last week. Loved it...but then read this forum and the similar forums posted in the Peugeot & Citroen forums re the 107 and the C1.

No longer considering this model and will go for the Mitsubishi Colt instead.

Sorry Toyota but a brand new car leaking water is not what I want.

GDog1961

I had a test drive in an Aygo Platinum last week. Loved it...but then read this forum and the similar forums posted in the Peugeot & Citroen forums re the 107 and the C1.

GDog1961

Not suprised at your change of mind!

Got my Agyo back yesterday after a new seal fitted, with extra "over the door gutter seal - thingy" also fitted across the top of all 4 doors.

Now I am doing rain dances to see if it'll stay dry.

We'll see. Anna x

GDog1961

Not suprised at your change of mind!

Got my Agyo back yesterday after a new seal fitted, with extra "over the door gutter seal - thingy" also fitted across the top of all 4 doors.

Now I am doing rain dances to see if it'll stay dry.

We'll see. Anna x

Hi Anna

interesting..any photos of the new over-the-door-seals?

Geoff

The over door seals are similar to the stick on draught seals available for normal windows but in black! Very tacky. Fitted to the inside edge of the door frame above the doors. I had these fitted several months ago and the passenger door still leaks from the hinge side base of the door. Been back to Mr T twice since then. Hardly worth a photo but perhaps only for a laugh...........

The over door seals are similar to the stick on draught seals available for normal windows but in black! Very tacky. Fitted to the inside edge of the door frame above the doors. I had these fitted several months ago and the passenger door still leaks from the hinge side base of the door. Been back to Mr T twice since then. Hardly worth a photo but perhaps only for a laugh...........

Blimey, that sounds like desperation to me :( It's only a couple of stages from throwing a canvas cover over the car and recommending driving only in the dry. I find it hard to believe that Toyota can manufacture a car that has an inherent leak problem. If it's common across the C1, 107 and Aygo range you'd think that three manufacturers could get together and actually fix it!

I have to admit that, if I were in the market for an Aygo sized car at the moment, I wouldn't touch any of these models. With my luck it would leak like the Titanic and I just wouldn't want all the hassle. I really hope everyone with this gets it sorted soon. It's all very odd.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Guess what I've just found in the spare wheel well of my 57 reg Aygo Blue! WATER! The back carpets are also soaked, but I hadn't noticed this as it has not got through the mats.

It may also have something to do with my reversing sensors (factory fitted) as they have been stuck on (loud continuous beep) a couple of times when it has rained.

They sky has just gone very black and I suspect I may get more on the way home.

I got the car in Jan, didn't notice any water in the car but had really bad condensation, a related problem?

Off to Mr T to get it sorted (hopefully!). Will let you all know the result.

The wires for the parking sensors are fed through a vent hole/flap behind the

rear bumper. Mis-alignment of these wires could cause water ingress...

The wires to my sensors were re routed by Mr T. And I have had no probs since ask them to do it to yours

Mr.T routes them through those vents;

have a look at the AIM for the TPA-400...

And the vents have had problems by themselves too,

according to a service bulletin I found on-line somewhere...

• 2 weeks later...

Mr T had the car, and explained that the wires had been wrongly routed and a rubber gromit was missing. All well now they claim. I await bad weather! (today?)

• 2 months later...

Hi Aquatic,

I have tried going a similar path and the dealership only offered me £5.3k for my 06/06 Aygo. I want to persue further but wanted to know if you had indeed recieved a settlement in the reigon of what you had hoped?

Would appreciate it if you could back to me either by the forum or via email jatfree at hotmail dot com

Thanks

Jd333

If parking sensor wires are fed through the rear air vents then a complete tool has fitted the sensor kit.

The loom should pass through a grommet in the floor/rear panel.

Also the back of the sensors is only covered by a piece of tar tape and if not completely sealed you will find the sensors become full of water and need replacement.

Mart :)

The current fix for leaking a Aygo at our place depending where leak is -

New door/boot seals,

New rear panel vents and gaskets,

New weatherstrip seals along the top of the door shuts to divert excess water away from door when opened,

Reseal/replacement of door/speaker recess membranes inside front doors,

Also if any mats, carpets are very wet they get replaced too.

I would also like to point out to an earlier post that said the mechanics are useless and cant find the leaks - we cant spend all day on one job stripping/sealing/water testing/drying/stripping/resealing/water testing etc etc etc. You have to draw the line somewhere. Its usually the customers who expect the job to be done 'while they wait' and complain its taking too long or will come back another day when you are halfway through it! lol

Mart.

If parking sensor wires are fed through the rear air vents then a complete tool has fitted the sensor kit.

The loom should pass through a grommet in the floor/rear panel.

That really IS the way it is depicted in the AIM for the TPA-400 I have in front of me!!!

LINK

Page 14...

Tried typing this twice now and lost both posts due to wireless internet :(

The fitting instructions do show the loom fed through the vent - it also shows the loom entering on the righthand side of the car.

Here in UK the reverse lamp is on the lefthand side - this is where i usually feed the loom and have done it without using the vents.

I should also say that the water ingress problem is mostly water seeping in past the gaskets and not coming in through/past the fabric pflaps of the vents.

Mart :)

The fitting instructions do show the loom fed through the vent -

it also shows the loom entering on the righthand side of the car.

I might have expected that, but as I have a LHD-

car I had the link for the LHD-AIM bookmarked...

So if you look HERE

It's still page 14...

• 3 months later...
I have been reading this item Leaking Aygo. It's really worrying me because I just ordered a Platinum Aygo last week and have now read stories relating to these leaks you are having. It concerned me so much that I went back to see my dealer - Metro Gateshead Toyota. They introduced me to the Service Manager who said that because the Platinum Model was not launched until December 07, then I wouldn't have a problem. The problem is only with earlier cars. So should I cancel my order?

I bought patinum 4th November 2008 - 4days later there was a 2inch puddle in the passenger footwell. Toyota claim it is is door seals.

Service manager slipped up by telling us it was a common problem when the sales manager had just told us he had never heard of it!

The service manager then looked at the puddle and said it was the worst he had ever seen.

PLATINUM IS NOT LEAK FREE!!!!

Toyota still have my car!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links