Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oooops - Impulse Buy.....!

Rash@R.A.Motors

Lot of opinions on whether or not you can register rev5 tubby's - So i asked around and found out it is possible. Obviously there are high costs involved and my contact wouldn't go into details but said if i was to buy a rev5 tubby providing it is relatively standard he would register it for me...

So i did the obvious - bidded and bought a rev5 turbo in Japan :) T-bar in white - 77,000KM's - wheels/zorst otherwise stock....

mr2whi99lk0.jpg

Yup... lovely.

I'd say it's been lowered too.

Did they get rid of the toblorones on newer J-Spec Mr2's?

Yep from rev4 onwards...

ptubbyhk8.jpg

why are there probs registering them? forgive my curiosity :)

They're new enough to need the ESVA test rather than just the standard SVA. That means tougher emissions checks and you need a model report to pass.

Model reports are a pita, you need a sample car that they run some very extensive tests on at great cost to you. Once you've got it, you can use it for other cars of the same model (and charge other people to do the same if you like). Only problem any cars using the report have to be the same as the one that made it, any mods tend to invalidate this so cars are normally returned to stock before presenting them and then remodified aftewards.

I wasn't aware of a model report for the Rev 5, in fact I didn't think it could even pass the emissions test at all. Be good to know it can be done though :)

You son of a mum!... so you did it then ehh... :)

This being bought through the chap you told me about who was on a visit to Japan?

so what sort of price is it to import one of these from Japan if you dont mind me asking??? I was wondering wether to look into importing one myself or just buying one already in the UK and registered..

so what sort of price is it to import one of these from Japan if you dont mind me asking??? I was wondering wether to look into importing one myself or just buying one already in the UK and registered..

Your paying average about 5k+ for as rev5 and then add a few k's for fees/vat/tax/shipping/releasing/custom/registration etc.. etc.. if you can get one in the uk i'd buy it as its a pain waiting 6-8 weeks for the car to come in from Japan :crybaby:

Rash

Theirs a Dealership 100 miles from me with a UK Rev 5 (S Reg I think) in for £5,500.

Wont be a Turbo then!

Theirs a Dealership 100 miles from me with a UK Rev 5 (S Reg I think) in for £5,500.

Wont be a Turbo then!

Thats the only problem :(

lol: I can get you a rev5 uk t-bar today for 4k :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

lol: I can get you a rev5 uk t-bar today for 4k :thumbsup:

Hi Rash,

Can you please PM me if you come across another Rev 5 UK t-bar?

Am looking to buy but have a rather expensive new MX-5 Roadster Coupe to sell first!

Had a Rev 3 upto recently and loved it so after another but ideally want as new as possible.

Thanks, Jenny

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links