Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is Strachan Doing A Good Job At Celtic?

Ryan1985

Is Strachan doing a good job at Celtic?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Opinions please.

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (give reasons below)

I don't think he's doing a very good job. Okay, we've won the league and we'll probably win the Scottish Cup and we got to the last 16 of the CL but big deal. We've only won the league because every other team in the league are rubbish, we'll only win the Scottish Cup because the only half decent team left in it are Hibs and we only got to the last 16 of the CL because of our home form. On the other hand we've not scored in 3 games, we got beat by a poor Rangers team, we can only beat rubbish teams 2-1 or 1-0 and Strachan insists on playing Kenny Miller when everyone else can see he's useless. Where are the days of beating teams 5-1 and such like?

Opinions please. :thumbsup:

I'm not qualified enough to vote either way, but It seems to me that your progress in the Champions league is the furthest you've gotten for decades. Sure, it may be biased to home form, but everyone who's ever succeeded in Europe has the home record to back it up.

We got to the UEFA cup final last year on the back of some sensational home matches......even though we had been punching well above our weight for a couple of rounds.

You won the league, and until there's some serious sustained competition up there for you then picking Kenny Miller and the like will continue. If you're head and shoulders above the rest there's not much incentive to improve !

I agree with a lot of what you are saying, especially the bits about beating teams by 4 goals etc.. we have won games this season only by the odd goal.. and one or two of those have been in the last minute.

Kenny Miller - OK, he has lost his goals.. but the power of work and effort he puts in is 2nd to none, players like that are hard to find these days, he is setting an excellent example to younger players coming through the ranks and that is something that is needed in every team. I WOULD say he will get back into scoring form.. but it has been reported that he feels the SPL isn't for him and he wants to move back down south.

It also looks like we WILL win the league, but i feel it will be on merit.. the players have shown a will to win and have fought on in matches to the last minute.. it is these performances that are the making of champions, not just the 4 goal victories.

Scottish Cup - we aint certainties to win that.. Hibs are a good footballing team and they will do all they can to win it themselves.. on current form Hibs will win the cup.

Champons League - For those that didn't follow Celtic's progress, here were the results....

Matchday 1

Man. United 3-2 Celtic

Celtic were extreemly unlucky to loose this game.. they played very well and if they didn't deserve to win, they most deffinately did not deserve to loose.

Matchday 2

Celtic 1-0 Copehagen

A home win from a team who didn't play to their usual standards.. but a win just the same.

Matchday 3

Celtic 3-0 Benfica

An absolutely excellent performance throught the entire team.. nothing more can be said.

Matchday 4

Benfica 3-0 Celtic

The less said the better.. diabolical display.. I thought it was Rangers in disguise ;)

Matchday 5

Celtic 1-0 Man. United

Again a good solid performance against a team who were desperate to proove how good they really were and get "revenge" on Celtic for their display at Old Trafford.

Matchday 6

Copenhagen 3-1 Celtic

Again it was Rangers that were playing and NOT Celtic.. I have absolutely no idea what went wrong in this match.. it was a match that Celtic could have and should have won without any problems.. then again we had allready qualified for the last 16 before this game.

To qualify for the last 16 of Europes premier comeptition with a game to spare is something that the "top" sides in the competition would be proud to shout about.. so as far as I'm concerned I too am proud to shout about it...

First knockout round

We eventually went out of the competition to AC Millan.. that is no disgrace.. a 0-0 draw a Celtic Park followed by a 1-0 extra time defeat in Italy.. Celtic very nearly got lucky but went out to a stunning goal from Kaka... over the two legs Celtic were a credit to themselves AND a credit to Scottish football.

Champione League - Excellent!

Is Strachan doing a good job?

Under the financial contraints that Scottish football forces on him.. I think he isn't doing a fantastic job.. but he is doing a good solid job. Yes there is room for improovement, and yes we have had one or two fortunate results, but at the end of the day he is getting results, and it results that give points. Not to mention the fact that he is also doing a descent job of balancing the books.

It was AC Milan Davy! :P

I reckon we need to get rid of Miller and get Jan a decent striking partner. Jarosik also needs to go as he's got no skill and doesn't really seem to do much. McManus couldn't get any worse (imo). Pressley isn't great and Lennon needs to know when to give up.

At this rate I can see Boruc leaving because if I was the top player at the club I'd see we have no ambition and what's the point in staying at a team that has no ambition. That's probably why Stan left.

There are so many flaws in the team it's unreal!

Boruc wont stay too long , hes class .

Miller is rubbish , ok he runs but how much point is there in having someone that just runs ?

Could be worse though you could have Sebo?

:lol: sebo is class.. superb, as long as stays at the Gers.

Ryan.. sorry, seem to have went back to '67.. i knew what i meant :lol:

Boruc = Probably be a £5m ubiknal player next season :(

Lennon - Still reads the game very well.. but his legs WILL be a lot heavier next season and if he stays on again I can only see him playing a cameo role.. but again, he is someone younger players can get a lot from.

Gravesen or Sno can fill in his boots.

McManus - IMO has been superb this year... and a possible future captain.

Strike Partner for Jan - we have Beatie and Zurawski, we also have what is looking to be a couple of good young players coming through in the shape of Roco Quin and Cillian Sheridan. I still agree thay we could do with buying in another top qualiy striker untill those two are ready to step up.

Strachan needs funds for a rebuild next season, but the backbone of the team is still in place.. one or two fresh players and we will be good for 3-in-a-row.

McManus - IMO has been superb this year... and a possible future captain.

What games have you been watching Davy? He's not got a clue, he just heads or kicks the ball out the park, at least O'Dea heads or kicks it upfield! I just don't rate McManus at all.

I reckon Boruc is off to AC, they've lost Dida to Barca. :thumbsup:

You get two different types of defender.. the type who passes out of defence or the no no-nsence hump it to saftey type.. McManus is the later... and a good one at that. O'Dea is a very good partner for the no-nonsence defender and gives a good balance in the centre of defence.

After that performance against Dundee Utd I wouldn't blame Naka if he wanted to leave either! :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links