Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ps3 Uk Sale Figures

DaveSR

Well well well ......

The sales figures for the UK has been release and they have beaten the other consoles by miles

Microsoft sold 71,000 Xbox 360 consoles during its UK launch weekend, while Nintendo sold 105,000 Wii machines.

The PS3 sold a massive 165,000

I guess they got it right this time ;)

Linky - BBC website

Its only because the Xbox 360 and Wii had limited stock, this is because it is better than the PS3. :P

I would imagine that a more accurate figure would be the percentage of sales against available units at launch. If someone could get hold of those, I'd be interested to see who came out on top.

I would imagine that a more accurate figure would be the percentage of sales against available units at launch. If someone could get hold of those, I'd be interested to see who came out on top.

No, that wouldn't mean anything.

Sony restricted supply of the PS2 last time round and created loads of hype for their console which is why I bought mine so early this time round.

The only useful figures would be 6 month but preferably 12 month sales figures. Sony took the flack for delaying the European launch so they had enough stock this time round.

Mmmmm.....

They have too much stock!!

Never seen it happen before, with a console launch. Have you? Usually sold out everywhere.

Mmmmm.....

They have too much stock!!

Never seen it happen before, with a console launch. Have you? Usually sold out everywhere.

They don't need to create false demand by restricting stock. How does selling out really help anyone?

The figures are there but even still Bill Gate's fanclub have a go! :lol:

I spoke to a bloke, every PS3 he sold apart from one was returned faulty!

It could be a false sales figure!

I spoke to a bloke, every PS3 he sold apart from one was returned faulty!

It could be a false sales figure!

The figures are from an independant marketing company, are you...actually... Bill Gates? :lol:

I think your XBox is more likely to develop a fault than my PS3. :D

I've heard from one of my mates who works in hmv that they're not selling very well...

another reliable source then :lol:

Most people who wanted one will have bought online and had it delivered.

165k sold to customers of 225k launch stock in shops for PS3.

Everything else had far less stock available but sold out completely.

Sony will be playing it as a good move by them, ensuring they had adequate supply and it's certainly upset the Ebayers, which is nice. On the other hand I'm not sure they'd completely want to miss out on the hype generated by the shortages that you normally see...

• 1 month later...

i heard it hadn't sold out, made it a bit rubbish. I still wanna get one in the summer time :D haha

my mate got one somewhere in londdon and he said he got a free Sony HDTV aswell

Xbox 360 and a Wii.... no reason to have a PS3 I think.

That's the route I'll be going down once funnelling all my money into my house calms down a bit :)

Xbox 360 and a Wii.... no reason to have a PS3 I think.

No Gran Turismo for you then Jimbo.

I think the sales figures have spoken for themselves, Sony still lead the way! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links