Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Camry Electric Aerial

ARDV8

Hello there

I have a 92 Camry. Last week the nylon cord in the aerial mast snapped, so the aerial only went up half way, and the motor continued running for a short while, I presume until a limit switch was reached.

Got a new mast and installed it. The aerial works fine, but, when it is at it's full extent the motor stills runs on for a short time, and the drive cog is chattering against the nylon cord. On the down motion, as soon as the aerial is fully retracted the motor shuts down.

I have stripped the aerial drive down, and the gearing doesn't appear worn. I then found a relay on the aerial body.

As I cannot find any limit switches in the aerial I am thinking that the relay board also detects voltage/current, so that when the motor hits a resistance from the aerial being either fully up or fully down it cuts the power to the motor.

Am I on the right track, or completely wrong.

Many thanks for any help on this one

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links