Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Better Half Of The Tale

Jinxed

Thought I'd start a new thread for this....

Its hard doing without my 2, but things are starting to move on the getting her back in one piece front and it cant happen too soon for me! Thought id start this off with a piccy of what she looked like before the accident... then tomorrow when i get the piccies transferred... I'll show you guys what Mr T believe is 6.2 k's worth of damage :yes:

This was her before somebody planted her car in my path after blitzing a red light, failing to stop for a giveway line, failing to attend to whether there was oncoming traffic!

car2.jpg

and this just happens to show the side that was wrecked too, sorry about the quality... my camera is naff, but the rest of the photos were taken with a better one :)

That pic makes me feel drunk!

SLAP! Wake up man! :lol:

This is what happened!

caraccident.jpg

This is 6.2k worth of damage! :huh:

6200k.jpg

I was very :eek: getting told that but ay well

Coming next... the unfortunate victim for spare part hijinx

So... we bought another 2.... for £450

damageside.jpg

frontclose.jpg

She came up nice really.... still ran but there are signs of things on it that are .... possibly not brill BUT.... theres plenty thats actually in pretty good nick.... most importantly many of the bits we needed to collect. She's paid for herself already in truth... just from the door, the bonnet, a bar underneath, the front bumper, the unmarked glass in the doors, the free standard Toyota sub that was in, the headlight housing, the nuts, bolts and brackets etc to name more than a few....

so now I have 2 cars in bits but.... mines now on wheels which im not keeping but they do make it possible to roll it instead of drag it. Mines also now looking close to getting it in the bodyshop... and the work were doing is reducing the quote for the job as were saving on time. There are still some bits that are needed as I dont want to settle for just cannibalizing this one as some of the bits are diferent... eg. 2 new rev 3 wings(at 74 quid a side im not worried), which is a shame as the 2 wings off this donor (a rev 2 NA) are actually in good condition with only very minor surface corrosion. Going to be a lot of good condition spares left over from this .... including a full blue interior thats in really good condition excludin carpets which are a bit perished.

I even drove mine today... very briefly on a private dirt track(not public road) to see if it seemed to steer ok... which it did... damn it was good to launch the blighter even if it doesnt have a front or wings on atm...

Anyways... we reckon that by Tuesdayish it'll be ready to go off to get repaired and resprayed, and for just less than a third of Mr T price by a reputable bodyshop round my way :) ... the volvos days are numbered... :thumbsup:

been reading up on all of your recent damages and twits smashing into your pride and joy..

6.2k worth of damage yeah alright then it means toyota bascially dont want to do it as they are trying to rip you off..

i had recent rust problems on mine Mr T said it was a right off went to another garage and told them and they repaired all my rust and underneath for just 400 quid and it was a good job, new sills, arches done etc.

anyway took it back to Mr T and they then send thats a very good job well done there and were shocked from the price i repaired it for. Unlike there £1700 what they said.

Its good to see your getting your 2 back on the road its always good to see people save thre lil babys lol..

good idea with buying another 2 to get parts from...always works out cheaper..

well done anyway mate good to see your saving her.

There maybe a few parts i need for a rev 2 N/A but ill let you know mate

cheers

andy

Cheers for the interest and company on the journey :) :thumbsup:

Its kinda wierd ripping someone elses to bits... the backstory to the car was a bit.... unfortunate for the owner but... its going to good use :yes:

If you do find yourself needing anything, or anyone else for that matter, just drop me a pm ...might be surprised :yes:

and the good news... all that we absolutely needed to do to prep that car to go get repaired and sprayed with cost cutting job doings is done... car to go asap this coming week... :yahoo:

Hopefully no surprises till after I get her back... and then theyll be good ones as Ive had a REALLY crap 2007.... its been a painful year of multiple real and symbolic deathage for me and mine.... bouncing along the bottom looking for the up n up :thumbsup:

I require,

The plastic cover that sits behind the inside door handles both sides, mine is cracked.

A drivers window mech and motor,

Ashtray!

The plastic cover that sits behind the inside door handles both sides, mine is cracked.

A drivers window mech and motor,

Ashtray!

Post a pic of the plastic handle bit mate so I know for sure which bit your wanting :thumbsup: will take some piccies of the bits as soon as theyre off so you can get an idea of colour/condition :)

• 2 weeks later...

This is the day before my car goes to get made well....

Come tomorrow dinner... she will be in the hands of some ppl that will make her whole again. Beyond/during this... i have to select and secure alloys and tyres, contemplate getting the scoops and having them sprayed and put on for the future car developments I want.

Im looking at coming in at just under the money that my cars supposedly worth.... which is fortunate to be frank. What isnt... is that the other side are dragging their heels paying up the balance on what was agreed..... I bet their client was back on the road the following week :rolleyes:

Surprised that some of the 'minor' injuries I sustained still cause a fair amount of discomfort to me espescially when my arms get cold. Glad that some of the more worrying injuries seem to have receeded a fair amount and are considerably less troublesome. And to think this all started feb 18th'ish(cant be bothered checking date :)) and its not even over yet.... but nearly :D

I look forward to the day this hassle is over and starts to become a memory :thumbsup:

I hope I never have to go thru this in my life.

Amen brother... amen, hope I dont again either :yes:

there are so many other things I would choose if faced with choice....

a.) lose mr2

or

b.) dig my own spleen out with a bic pen and eat it raw served with a nice warm cup of salty snow contaminate....

that would be option b.) please :D

Wellski !

My lil beasty is now in the hands of the bodyshop :D They'd already started working on her before mi dad left her alone with them :yes: I m seeing a light growing in the distance... I just dont feel able to wait....

heres hoping I have enough cash to pay for her when she's ready LMFAO

And if I do .... then its..... time to...... :yahoo:

Wellski !

My lil beasty is now in the hands of the bodyshop :D They'd already started working on her before mi dad left her alone with them :yes: I m seeing a light growing in the distance... I just dont feel able to wait....

Hey man know how you feel mine been off the roads of months now will be ready soon all good things to those who wait :thumbsup:

Wellski !

Hey man know how you feel mine been off the roads of months now will be ready soon all good things to those who wait :thumbsup:

About bloody time! :P :lol:

About !Removed! time! :P :lol:

A !Removed! men :lol:

hope u get urs sorted v soon daz also :yes::thumbsup:

off looking at alloys again tomoz and been told to pop to a shop with a name for a 10% discount off shelf price :) quite a lot of people are pulling together and contributing to get me back rolling with my beast looking as sweet as poss....

it might not have been a good year thus far but... I'm definately counting and appreciating my blessings

and I made a new lil beasty friend today :D too sweet for words but ill post a piccy when have one as shes lovely :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links