Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Gauge?

chrisgt

hi all ive just bought a pillar pod mount and im wondering which gauge to put in the second hole? i already have a boost gauge and was thinking about an EGT gauge or an air/fuel ratio gauge. Which would be better? And Which is easier to install? ive read a few positive and negative for both but i thought id ask on here and see if anyone has fitted either or both. Cheers

My suggestion would be a combined oil pressure / oil temp gauge, these would be the most useful in addition to a boost gauge. About £ 65 for a Racetech combined gauge from Demon Tweeks.

A:F ratio gauge is inaccurate unless you have a wideband setup, EGT gauges expensive.

r_ppt1014.jpg

Cheers mate ive been looking at oil pressure gauges as well but ive seen them either as electrical or mechanical whats the difference? Which is easier to fit? il be doing it myself so the easier the better :D

an electrical one has a sender unit which converts the pressure or temp to an electrical signal, which is then sent to the gauge by an electrical wire.

the mechanical gauge has an adaptor with a narrow gauge pipe which connects the engine to the gauge, so there is an tiny oil feed directly to the gauge.

They're both quite easy. With the mechanical gauge there isn't any wiring apart from the illumination (optional) but you have to run the pipe and be careful not to kink it.

Personally I prefer the mechanical gauges over electrical.

i had boost, engine temp & oil temp in my Zed, all mechanical as i didn't trust the electrics either :lol:

J

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links