Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oxygen Sensor Help!

mario2667

I bought MR2 Roadster 2000 year in UK with 58.000 Miles. I moved to Barcelona and took the car with me…during my stay in France my engine light went on! Panic.....I needed to do so many miles… anyway went to Toyota service, British car in France HE HE with no knowledge of cars or French ( not worth mentioning they didn’t want to speak English) they ware quick to tell me that 2 oxygen sensors went off and that its 800 euros to fix it! I asked can I drive without them and after they said yes – off I go, fast before they give me big bill! :D

Now I need to fix this and I need help guys and ladies. How many sensor are in MR2 – can I buy them on internet, if so where? Is it easy to replace them? What about resetting the computer in the car – once new sensors are in, is it automatic reset or? What would you do?!

Anyway any advice would be very welcome as I do not have money to fix it in Toyota service and in Barcelona I do not feel taking it to “doggy” garage as they try to rip me off as soon the see UK plates + when I mentioned oxygen sensor half of them didn’t have clue what it is! Thanks for you help in advance!

I bought MR2 Roadster 2000 year in UK with 58.000 Miles. I moved to Barcelona and took the car with me…during my stay in France my engine light went on! Panic.....I needed to do so many miles… anyway went to Toyota service, British car in France HE HE with no knowledge of cars or French ( not worth mentioning they didn’t want to speak English) they ware quick to tell me that 2 oxygen sensors went off and that its 800 euros to fix it! I asked can I drive without them and after they said yes – off I go, fast before they give me big bill! :D

Now I need to fix this and I need help guys and ladies. How many sensor are in MR2 – can I buy them on internet, if so where? Is it easy to replace them? What about resetting the computer in the car – once new sensors are in, is it automatic reset or? What would you do?!

Anyway any advice would be very welcome as I do not have money to fix it in Toyota service and in Barcelona I do not feel taking it to “doggy” garage as they try to rip me off as soon the see UK plates + when I mentioned oxygen sensor half of them didn’t have clue what it is! Thanks for you help in advance!

It should be an easy enough job to change the Oxygen/Lambda sensor. They are available on the internet - try here Clicky

i dont know how many sensors there are, on the mk2 MR2 there is only one - I've heard of some newer cars having 2 (one before the cat and one after). The best thing to do would be to have a look and see how many you can see.

It should be an easy enough job to change the Oxygen/Lambda sensor. They are available on the internet - try here Clicky

i dont know how many sensors there are, on the mk2 MR2 there is only one - I've heard of some newer cars having 2 (one before the cat and one after). The best thing to do would be to have a look and see how many you can see.

Thanks! There are 3 sensors, 2 before and one after, i have e mailed recomended company as they do not have model listed..... thanks for your help! P.S" Do you know how to reset the car computer?"

I have had the same problem as you. All info you need is here in the 'Roadster forum', this forum is mainly for the Mk1 & Mk2.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links