Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rolling Road Day @ Dsa Aylesbury

jerry phipps

Hi Everyone

Well sunday gone i decided to go along to one of Imoc and Mr2oc meets in aylesbury. It was a dyno run meet. So drove down there and meet up with few peeps. So very tasty motors i must say. Looking around watching the other cars on the dyno i decided that i would have a go :o

I had no idea what power the old girl would make. So i thought what the hell lets have a go :thumbsup: Well with my current mods a HKS super power flow filter a HKS ssqv dump valve and a Blitz nur spec r exhaust i was hoping i had 200bhp bearing in mind the old girl is now 13 years old and when new she was pushing 240bhp.

Well heres some flicks or the run ;)

CIMG0085.jpg

CIMG0087.jpg

CIMG0089.jpg

CIMG0090.jpg

Very pleased with the results :yahoo::yahoo:

A few pictures of others cars ;)

TRD wide body kit

CIMG0077.jpg

CIMG0076.jpg

Silky smooth V6 power :thumbsup: The sound of this car is to die for :yes:

CIMG0079.jpg

CIMG0078.jpg

Will post some more pictures up later

jerry!!

I bet you are well chuffed :thumbsup:

Nice pic's :yes:

Les

Indeed mate more shocked than anything :yes:

jerry!!

Few more pic's

CIMG0095.jpg

CIMG0096.jpg

CIMG0097.jpg

CIMG0098.jpg

CIMG0099.jpg

CIMG0100.jpg

CIMG0101.jpg

CIMG0102.jpg

CIMG0104.jpg

jerry!!

No reason to be shocked mate!

These cars still easily make what they were supposed to out of the box after all these years. The majority of stock rev3 turbos that I've heard of make over the stated 240bhp.... and that's now, not when they were new!

My rev1 made 260bhp with induction kit, zorst and downpipe with the boost upped to 1bar. Add a Dastek or aftermarket ECU and you should be hitting around the 300bhp mark easily.

My only concern is that the intercooler on the mr2 is on the rear side of the car... not at the front!..... so why have they put a big fan at the front of the car when on the dyno? Would have been better aimed directly at the intercooler and also one aimed and the other vent where the induction kit lives.

lol your the second person to say this. You cant see in the pictures but there was a large pipe blowing cold air into the side vent as well as the fan at the front of the car. Should be able to see this in the second photo :thumbsup: Well noticed anyway :thumbsup:

jerry!!

congrats lad... its always a bit nerve racking to get your car on the RR for the fist time hoping they find nothing wrong with your baby. :)

Excellent figures though, i did notice that the torque is a fair bit lower than i would have expected but then your boost is still standard. :)

Also amazing line up of MR2's ehh..

Nice one "JEERY" :shutit:

Your old girl (and the car) ;) certainly does not look 13 years old.

That is your reward for many years of giving it loving care :thumbsup:

Hi fizz

Yeah car is still running standard boost still mate. Also i haven't yet decated her yet so hopefully once i have modded those 2 parts i should see bigger bhp etc etc :thumbsup:

Hi steve

Lol you noticed they spelt my name wrong lol. Well thank you for the kind words mate about the old girl and the car :lol: I try my best to keep her looking good. The sunday gone i treated her to Meguiars stage 1 to 3 to celebrate her performance figures :thumbsup:

jerry!!

The amount of wax on your car its a wonder it daint slow you down :lol::lol:

nice times mate :thumbsup:

oh yes that car in the flesh is very nice indeed. Everything is just right on it :yes:

jerry!!

The amount of wax on your car its a wonder it daint slow you down :lol::lol:

nice times mate :thumbsup:

lol it made it more slippery :yahoo:

jerry!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links