Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need A Router

vmail

I'm after a cheap reliable Cable/DSL router which supports WPA and can handle a 20mbs connection.

There are a lot on the market and I dont want one which will need regular maintenance like the D-Link G604T

I’m using a ADSL Netgear DG834PN RangeMax in Hull, but the WPN824UK maybe too pricey for the cable connection

What would you recommend?

I'm after a cheap reliable Cable/DSL router which supports WPA and can handle a 20mbs connection.

There are a lot on the market and I dont want one which will need regular maintenance like the D-Link G604T

I’m using a ADSL Netgear DG834PN RangeMax in Hull, but the WPN824UK maybe too pricey for the cable connection

What would you recommend?

I thought that YOU were the computer expert.

What do you recommend?.......................I think that you get the quality that you pay for and that the cost involved is not really relevant if you want a good quality connection.

Buy the best that you can afford :thumbsup:

Im not an expert, Ive only use Cisco, Netgear, Belkin and D-link. the person who want the router want a cheap one and I dont want to pick one which will stop working for no reason

My computer knowledge is slightly greater than that of a goldfish so this question is not meant to be sarcastic but if the max speed in Hull is 8mb what are the advantages of a 20mb router?

Les

My computer knowledge is slightly greater than that of a goldfish so this question is not meant to be sarcastic but if the max speed in Hull is 8mb what are the advantages of a 20mb router?

Les

That's what I was thinking!! :huh:

Les

Yes the max speed in Hull is 8mb on ADSL, but the cable router is for Manchester and its a 20mb connection

Plus it also helps having extra bandwidth when transfering files between computers.

Get yourself a nice Linksys one :thumbsup:

Linksys use Cisco ;)

Wireless N should be making a show pretty soon as it's been pre/draft for a while.

Plus it also helps having extra bandwidth when transfering files between computers.

Linksys use Cisco ;)

Wireless N should be making a show pretty soon as it's been pre/draft for a while.

Wireless N is already out mate.

I have one :)

Linksys use Cisco ;)

Wireless N is already out mate.

I have one :)

Nah it's not ........ 2008 looks like the date - linky ;)

Don't believe what is written on the box ;)

Confused?

I have a router thats Wireless N and it does *300Mbps

Have you tried transmitting at that speed?

looks like TRENDnet and D-Link do 300mbs

no cos im stuck in hull lol. and besides we only have the router thats N atm.

We needed a new one so got a N for later on

I dont mean over the net, just from one device to another on the same wifi network

i know nadim lol. why would i try getting 300mbps on the internet when my connection is not even that high :P

like i said i only have the router that is N atm

do you think they have fiber optics anywhere in Hull?

I know, just got a house in East Hull and I cant have Virgin Media, BT, Talk Talk, Sky BB, or anything else

I've got a belkin N1. Had if a couple of months now. Not set up properly because my bro wont let me put cables through his floor boards. We want our pc's to be wired and laptops to be wireless, thinking wired would be more reliable. I'm using it as a stand alone once in a while and the stupid thing keeps dropping my internet connection though :ffs:

If your not allowed to run cat5 cables you can always use network over mains.

if the signal is dropping out all the time, you might want to change the channel number, or see if any other 2.4 ghz devices are in use

I've got a belkin N1. Had if a couple of months now. Not set up properly because my bro wont let me put cables through his floor boards. We want our pc's to be wired and laptops to be wireless, thinking wired would be more reliable. I'm using it as a stand alone once in a while and the stupid thing keeps dropping my internet connection though :ffs:

Sounds like these would be your solution mate

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage...oduct_Id=152644

Sounds like these would be your solution mate

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage...oduct_Id=152644

That is truly amazing! :drool::drool: I never knew such a thing exsisted! How the hell does that work! I'm kinda hoping my bro can be ubikd to sort his room out so i can lift up boards tho. My bed is currently about 45 degrees off from my wall with a chunk of floor missing. LOL. If not i may have to find a free power socket. Cheers :thumbsup:

just mixes the data with the mains, the another unit will decode the signal

If your not allowed to run cat5 cables you can always use network over mains.

if the signal is dropping out all the time, you might want to change the channel number, or see if any other 2.4 ghz devices are in use

cat6 my friend. Only the best will do. lol.

As for the channels..... I'm only using it on my pc for the time being via cable. Channels dont matter do they?

Here's me got a degree in technology and i feel lost. :huh::crybaby: lol

Cat 6 is a bit of an over kill, 5e should do the job. If you want the best you can go for cat 7, it costs a bit.

sorry mis-read your post, we had the same problem with a d-link, got a netgear instead to fix the internet drop out problem, could have upgraded the firmware, but that would make it easy.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links