Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Light Help!

Monkman

Hi guys

I have a problem with my mr2 which seems to be getting more frequant.

When i driving my car the engine light keeps coming on and when it's on i lose power.

If i stop at lights or traffic it then stalls.

I also get a bad smell of petrol to like it's over flooding.

I took it to toyota 2 months ago and they told me i have a leak in the coolent system but i dont trust it.

my car is a J plate mr2 t-bar 2 litre

Any ideas?

thanks

Have you tried looking in the engine bay while the engine is running to look for leaks?

What are your fluid levels like?

Have you tried looking in the engine bay while the engine is running to look for leaks?

I had a look last night i have a K&N induction kit and it starts to hiss when doing it, like it's sucking to much air in then it will choke.

I checked the water in the radiator as well and it was low or had a lack of pressure, so I topped it up?

Im really not sure what the problem is it's well confusing.

I had a look last night i have a K&N induction kit and it starts to hiss when doing it, like it's sucking to much air in then it will choke.

I checked the water in the radiator as well and it was low or had a lack of pressure, so I topped it up?

Im really not sure what the problem is it's well confusing.

The hiss you can hear is just the throttle control valve opening up to try and keep the revs up (mine always makes a hissing sound when on cold idle). Have you checked the ECU for a fault code?

not sure if it is the cooling system because when i had a leak in mine it just kept over heating, sounded like a kettle when it did followed by steam....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links