Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Plans To Ban Cars Older Than 10years From Our Roads

Jamesb4uk

Plans to ban cars older than 10years from our roads

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Banning/restricting cars over 10yrs old. This is on the .gov website too.

"Several EU proposals across the years are dangerous to the classic car movement. One that has been under consideration is to ban the use of cars older than 10 years. Similarly, Edinburgh City Council is considering the banning of cars over 15 years old from the town centre. These, and similar, proposals directly threaten the classic car movement, and encourage the manufacture of new cars, with the attendent environmental issues of sourcing raw materials, manufacturing, distriuting and scrapping the spiralling supply of new vehicles."

You'll be banned from using the roads and only allowed to take the vehicle out having obtained PRIOR consent from your local council.. I.e youd have to plan your route in advance and inform the council for approval who may then decline the whole thing or certain aspects like perhaps if you wish to pass through a city centre etc...

sign the petition here:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Classic-Cars/

Nicked from another forum but didn't see it here.

J

Classic car at 10-15 years old :blink: ?????? Think you missed posting this by a few weeks, April Fools Day has come and gone! ;)

mr mr2 and celica were a lot better condition than my current Civic.. :s

Classic car at 10-15 years old :blink: ?????? Think you missed posting this by a few weeks, April Fools Day has come and gone! ;)

maybe so but this whole banning cars over 10 years old has been brought up before in the media.

J

When will they ever listen? Worry about getting cars without tax, insurance, MOTs, with drunken/banned/high/incapable drivers off the roads, then start looking at other things & not a second sooner. A car being old is not automatically unsafe. How these :censor: got jobs that gives them the power to look into this is completely beyond me

my hilux surf is 12 year old and just gone 15k . gotta love jap imports .Its in as good as new condition. If any motor no matter how old passes an mot test its ok on the roads.

It'll never happen...

The most they could do was ban cars over 10 years but have a test (oooh let me think... they might called it.. MOT) so ensure roadworthiness and give you a little certificate to allow you back on the roads... but hang on... we kinda have that in place already....

As peeps have said... my 14 year old is better than loads of newer vehicles on the road cause she gets looked after...

load of botox imo

Erm, Could you imangine the workload of councils if you had to plan journeys?

If they ever did it, it would just to be to reduce the amount of people driving on the road. as id say about 40% of drivers have a car older than 10years old

It simply won't happen....

We have a car over 100 years old and its still road legal! Needed to replace the candles for the MOT.

I personally think they should reinstate the rolling 25 year tax exemption law.

reminds me of summat....

oooo !Removed!

screw the government, vive la revolution

That is really quite a mindless comment.

The !Removed! would never do such a thing, infact Hitler offered a govenrment grant of 500,000 Reich marks to anyone who could build and awesome race machine to represent Germany in the international racing and uphold german honour /engineering skills. He also comissioned more cars to be built and indeed started instigated a brand of quality affordable car that is still strong in the market place today.

Could you see this government doing anything like that?

reminds me of summat....

oooo !Removed!

What, try and take over the world killing millions in the process?

reminds me of summat....

oooo !Removed!

What, try and take over the world killing millions in the process?

ok I stand corrected... didnt realise we was getting all technical.... my bad :(

shudda said tree !Removed! bleedin heart hippy fascists :yes:

Bah this planet is overpopulated anyway :lol:

It just annoys me that people brand any ruling government body as that displeases them as "!Removed!". They actually started off doing very good things for the country to make the country stronger and better and promote national pride, -the total opposite to the current lot of over politically correct muppets that are bringing our country and any national pride we had to its knees....

They just didn't quit while they were ahead and got a bit carried away with "reclaiming terrotory" which with hindsite wasn't great. :!Removed!:

But yes "shudda said tree !Removed! bleedin heart hippy fascists" would be better :lol::lol:

Anyway back on topic lol...

Aren't most of our military vehicles over to years old too? Are trains included? What about Agricultural stuff...

It will simply not happen. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links